Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've stopped loosing...not by choice!

I was banded in May of 06 & lost weight really quickly & easily for the first 4 months. But I am stuck at about 20-25 pounds weight loss & have actually gained a few pounds back. With the new year coming I know I have to get back on track. I have had a few fills & feel restrictions but I still can eat to much, I also get food stuck sometimes. I have two questions, what can I do to motivate myself & should I get another fill? Thanks everyone! :help:

I am in the same boat you are in. I just posted a similar question about getting back on track. I feel like I need a do-over. I'll watch this thread for more suggestions too.

I feel like I don't know enough about each situation to really guide you...you have had a few fills, but what size band, and how much fill level do you have? It is so individual, though, that even knowing that won't really give us any answers.

It would probably do you more good to sincerely reflect on your habits, because that is usually the culprit. NOT always...sometimes there are other problems, certainly so. What are you eating? Are 80% of your choices good and healthy ones? Are you following some kind of plan...and do you record what you eat so you can see it with your own eyes?

After looking over your habits, then it may just be a "pause" in losing. Your body really does need time to adjust to new weight levels. I think it was 4 or 5 months after banding when I experienced a rather long plateau. I was discouraged at the time, but just kept after it, and then the scale begins to move again. As I have gone through several more plateau's since then, I have learned not to get upset and to respect my body's need for them.

I hope you are keeping your measurements, because even though the numbers on the scale do not change, your body sure can!

Hang in there and don't be discouraged. Weight loss is not steady and smooth. There are pauses and detours, but with your band and your good habits, you will lose your weight. I am still losing steadily, and it has been 17 months for me.

Good luck!

Cindy

I did exactly the same thing...hit a plateau! Getting filled to the point of feeling strangulated in the stomach is not a viable solution for me. Long-term, eating healthy of real food is what I want (instead of just Soup or Protein drinks.)

Instead, I started exercising! Consistent cardio work is the only solution for me now. It cuts my appetite, drops pounds and has completely changed my body. The weight-loss is slower than I would like, but it is working! In less than four months, I have lost an additional 14 pounds and have trained to run 4-5 miles! Try walking the mall or with a friend, biking, swimming, dancing (even in private)...anything that appeals to you! I prefer to workout alone, but others like classes, trainers, friends to exercise with, DVD's. Whatever you choose, just make it consistent. Just START!

The April Bandsters have an exercise challenge each month. Having to report and be accountable is great motivation. Also, there is a great support system. We are all losing!! Check it out!

Good luck!!

I would first double-check that you are still following your doctor's long-term dietary advice and that you are getting enough exercise. If the answers are yes, I'd talk with your doctor and your support group about other strategies you can use to get things kick-started again!