Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure what you're asking, but each doctor is going to be different with pre-op requirements. In my case, my doctor isn't comfortable doing the LB removal AND conversion to sleeve all in one operation - he wants the stomach to heal from the LB trauma. I had a severe LB slip and had that sucker taken out in March 2013 after 2+ years of intolerance to most solid food (yeah, I regurgitated nearly every day). I had to wait 11 weeks for my sleeve, but that was done last Friday! After my LB was removed, I was treated by both my doctors and the insurance company as a new patient who had never had WLS before - including all insurance requirements & pre-op.

Yes you still need to do the liquid diet. I just had my lapband removed and sleeved and I had to do the diet. I think everyone does it because it is needed to shrink liver for surgery on stomach

Not everyone has to do a liquid diet. My surgeon based his requirements on the patient BMI. I only did liquids for 1 day. He also did the band removal and sleeve conversion in one operation.

So...in a nutshell...you need to find out what recommendations/requirements your surgeon has.

I had a severe slippage, and was called on a Tuesday evening and told to arrive at the hospital on wed morning, my band was removed and the sleeve was done all at the same time. I didn't do any pre-op diet, but was restricted to liquids for about 5 days due to the slip. Since I was getting worse and not better, they did my surgery as an emergency.

I had my band removed and sleeved in the same procedure. I'm sure every doctor is different as I was thinking of going back to Dr. Ortiz (who did my band) but they told me they weren't sure if they'd do it in one procedure so I went with Dr. Aceves who was pretty confident it could be done in one procedure. I had to do a pre-op diet for a week (not too bad - low carb) and I was told the reason was to shrink the liver to make it easier for surgery. :)