Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery with Dr. Garcia on May 8th

I am now 4 days post-op and feeling great!! My experience with Dr. Fernando Garcia Govea was wonderful. From the moment I first arrived florence/oasis hospital I was greeted by a very nice receptionist who checked me in. I then was greeted by Dr. Luna who assured me everything would be ok.. From there a very sweet nurse took me to get blood work done, my chest xrays and off to my room...

I was very lucky to only be poked once in order to get my IV going... I have deep rolling veins so its usually a battle. I was given some meds for my nerves and before I know it was being greeted by all the doctors

The first Dr I saw again was Dr Luna... He will go out of his way to make you feel calm, and ready to take this important step in your life

I met with Dr Grafias who is also a fellow sleever, she and i had a long talk of what life would be after the surgery and she stressed to me to walk walk walk... She was awesome she answered all my questions and just made me feel so sure of my decision..

Then i met with Dr Cabrera (anesthesiologist) he asked me some of the same medical history questions as Dr Garfias then went on to explain the next steps, he was very sweet and reassuring.. He is the one responsible for the calming meds as well as knocking us out and waking us up so I absolutely admire him.. He also stressed walk walk walk

Lastly I met with Dr Garcia, his smile and calm demeanor can calm any nerves you may have. He is soft spoken but so very good at what he does..

Next I was off to surgery!! Nothing better than seeing their sweet faces in the OR, even though you have just met they make you feel like part of their family!! I knew i was in great hands

I was awake and back in my room before I knew it!! Thank God so blessed with no complications, no nausea... Just swollen, normal gas and normal discomfort... But i also listened

To their every advice!!! As soon as i could keep my eyes open i was up and walking those hallways!! It must have been an hour postop and i was walking, and walked for 15 minutes every hour

Wow i still have so much to share but need to rest a bit!! I just have to say Dr Garcia and team are definitely the number one choice!! I am eternally grateful to them for caring so much!!