Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Indoor workout ideas!?!

it has been to cold to continue to get my exercise outside! i would love some ideas or product reviews on indoor exercise!!!

we have been doing:

the biggest loser workout video. it REALLY is a workout! and its designed for folks who arent a size 4, or a size 12 even, well atleast not when they start. you can customize your workouts. we really like it!

medicine ball, 12 lb: we have used this for a while- throwing it, waiste twists, sit-up - throws, incorporating into the biggest loser... i LOVE it!

resistance bands: calvin uses. i dont. he seems to like them though.

recumbant bike: does anyone know the desired heart rate for fat burning? i have been riding this for an hour at a time. its a great workout i crank my MP3 and GO!!!!

full size punching bag: i am just getting into using this. will let ya'll know how it goes. i need some training, i got one at goodwill for $20 but i need find some exercises or see what the 'proper form' is, i dont want to hurt myself!

gym membership, going unused:paranoid : i work from home and its to cold to drive :nervous

what have you been doing indoors to workout? i like and need variety!!!

I would like to try Windsor Pilates - the basic dvd. As soon as I get to my six weeks post op I'm going to give pilates a go. Right now I climb the flights of stairs at work a few times a day.

I've got a really good gym quality treadmill. I'd love a punchng bag. We have odd weights and resistance bands lying around but I really want to get myself some of Jari Love's Ripped Series and a proper barbell set and start doing some strength training.

I do run outside quite a lot but I have the opposite problem at the moment, its stinking hot in Melbourne, 36 degrees celcius today and really oppressive, way too hot to run.

I'm with Leatha, I turn on the DMX, and my granddaughter and I dance ourselves silly!!! She also loves it when we "play" on the balance ball.

I know you are seriously looking for some hard core workouts....not trying to make light of that. Keep up the good work!

Kat

hey pumpkin,

i have never tried pilates and have never like videos before. if you do try it let me know how you like it!

jacqui,

i have also been looking for a good weight set. we are trying to make a home gym. why cant it just be 70 degrees everyday! when it gets really hot and dry here i cant do much outside either!

leatha and kat, i dont have a PS2 or game system in general...well ok i DO have a atari and an original nintendo but i dont think dance revolution was made for that! i was thinking of buying the hubby a game system...maybe i should with an alterior motive!

here is a great DVD it is called

The Walk DIet. by Leslie Sansone it is an inhome walking video. it has a 1 mile walk or a 2 mile walk. It is great. Also there is a DVD out called Walk Away the Pounds, it is similar to the above mentioned DVD. I agree with Leatha DDR is awesome we have it hear at home it is a hoot! and one hell of a workout