Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 5, 2013

I will be getting surgery April 5, 2013 can't wait. I started losing weight now and can't wait to get the surgery done...

I am having mine on April 9th!!! Good luck to you and keep me updated, as I will you!!

I'm April 5th also! Going to Cancun. How about you?

Where are you having it?

I will have the surgery in Burlington, Vermont. Tomorrow is my last check in at the Dr. before the scheduled date.

I will have the surgery in Burlington' date=' Vermont. Tomorrow is my last check in at the Dr. before the scheduled date.[/quote']

Tomorrow is the day! Good luck to all the April 5 th-ers out there!

Hey guys

2moro is the big day I am so nervous, have to be at the hospital at 8am. For those of you who date is 2moro I wish you a safe surgery and recovery.

We should keep In touch since we are starting this journey together. My email is joan25@live.com.

Good luck guys..

I am scheduled for April 5th as well.--Rick

I am doing it in New York City st Luke's hospital..

I am doing it in New York City st Luke's hospital..

How are u feeling

Joan, I'm interested to know how things are going for you. I'm 5 days behind you. This is definitely not easy for me.

I had my surgery on April 9th.

I stayed one night, was a bit nautious my first day, throwing up after a piece of ice. That was painful! That subsided and I did well. Up and walking and out the next day.

Home now, starting to get twinges of gas pain in my left shoulder. I have been up walking around.

I get pain in my lower chest/upper stomach when I take me meds. Maybe it is aggrevating my stomach?. I do get ulcer type pain, a pain in my stomach that gets intense and then goes away for no reason. I also have had a pretty good headache since I have been on my liquid diet. I'm attributing it to lack of caffiene.

Other than that, I feel good. Cant wait to see my surgeon on the 17th and get the drain tube out!

How is everyone else doing?

I had my surgery on April 9th.

I stayed one night' date=' was a bit nautious my first day, throwing up after a piece of ice. That was painful! That subsided and I did well. Up and walking and out the next day.

Home now, starting to get twinges of gas pain in my left shoulder. I have been up walking around.

I get pain in my lower chest/upper stomach when I take me meds. Maybe it is aggrevating my stomach?. I do get ulcer type pain, a pain in my stomach that gets intense and then goes away for no reason. I also have had a pretty good headache since I have been on my liquid diet. I'm attributing it to lack of caffiene.

Other than that, I feel good. Cant wait to see my surgeon on the 17th and get the drain tube out!

How is everyone else doing?[/quote']

I had horrible cramping like pains in my stomach after taking meds. Even through the IV they went straight to my stomach weird huh? You might get those for awhile. I just took a deep breath and let it out slow. They have gone now I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out now :-)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey Angie. I'm one day behind you. Stayed overnight at the hospital and was discharged the next day. As long as I'm taking the pain meds, I'm pretty good. But, if the med wears off, then I get this overwhelming nauseousness. Sore getting up and down around the incision areas. Also, haven't tried any Protein yet. I'll try that tomorrow. Getting all my Clear Liquids in has been a challenge but I'm keeping at it. I'm still bloated and haven't gone back to my morning of surgery weight yet. Every hour gets better. I don't have a tube but I can imagine that you are very excited to get that out!