Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Have A Problem With Cucumbers?

I am six weeks post op... I am looking for a low carb snack AND I have been craving cucumbers... Is there any reason I should not eat them? My doc is super strict - he only allows fish and eggs and I am SICK of fish and eggs...

I was told no raw veg for something like 6 months. It is too hard and can cause a leak.

Dang. But thanks... I needed to know if there was a reason. I guess I will wait. :-(

I would listen to what your doctor says instead of asking relative stangers on the Internet for advice on your medical care.

I was also very sick of my limited food choices, but I was much more sick of being a gigantic fatso, so it was a reasonable price to pay for a lifetime of poor choices in my case.

"I would listen to what your doctor says instead of asking relative stangers on the Internet for advice on your medical care"

I hear what you are saying, but I like to ask others because my doctor (the only one covered by my insurance) is not at ALL approachable and answers very few questions, and those he does with attitude. He prides himself in being "tough" and has a, "because I said so..." approach. I am not four, and am much more compliant when I understand the reasons behind the directions.... I have found this board invaluable for getting insight to how OTHER doctors relate to their patients. My doctor has the bedside manner of Dr. Gregory House. He may be a good surgeon, but he is not a kind man.

Cucumbers are known to cause gas so you may not want to eat them for that reason alone.Not too mention your sleeve is probably still too new for ruffage.Idk it might be just me but I avoid gas causes :)

I'm 7 weeks out and I've been eating cucumbers without issue for about a week and a 1/2! I eat them with just salt and pepper or marinated in low fat Italian dressing and chew like hell.

It's been a really good snack for me. :)