Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 18 days out today, and just had my 2 week post-op appointment. They were shocked with how good my incisions look and the weight I've lost thus far. They moved me from full liquids to a mechanical soft diet, which means I got to eat some tuna salad today! I never thought I'd be so excited by tuna!

just went from mushies to real food!!! Iknow the feeling :-)

I'm way more excited than I should be!

I'm 18 days out today' date=' and just had my 2 week post-op appointment. They were shocked with how good my incisions look and the weight I've lost thus far. They moved me from full liquids to a mechanical soft diet, which means I got to eat some tuna salad today! I never thought I'd be so excited by tuna![/quote']

How did you make your tuna salad? How long have you been walking?

How did you make your tuna salad? How long have you been walking?

There's a really really great grocery store near me that just makes it with albacore tuna, light mayo, and minced celery. I'm having such a hard time getting in enough calories, so I don't mind the mayo. Even eating until I was full, it was only 55 calories or so. I need to bump it up!

I've been walking since about 4 hours after the surgery. I haven't done much for the past couple days since I was really weak and woozy from the low calories. I've been getting around 350 each day and they want me at 800-1200!

There's a really really great grocery store near me that just makes it with albacore tuna' date=' light mayo, and minced celery. I'm having such a hard time getting in enough calories, so I don't mind the mayo. Even eating until I was full, it was only 55 calories or so. I need to bump it up!

I've been walking since about 4 hours after the surgery. I haven't done much for the past couple days since I was really weak and woozy from the low calories. I've been getting around 350 each day and they want me at 800-1200![/quote']

That's my problem aswell, since I'm barely eating whenever I try walking at a fast paced, I get fatigue

That's my problem aswell, since I'm barely eating whenever I try walking at a fast paced, I get fatigue

I get that even from standing too long right now. Luckily, I've been told to bump up my consumption, so I'm making myself eat at set intervals. I walked my dog last night and felt like I was gonna pass out! I did feel MUCH better after eating the tuna, though.

I get that even from standing too long right now. Luckily' date=' I've been told to bump up my consumption, so I'm making myself eat at set intervals. I walked my dog last night and felt like I was gonna pass out! I did feel MUCH better after eating the tuna, though.[/quote']

That's where I'm with it now as well. I'm like the little engine that could, I think I can but really I can't. I know i'm not getting enough protien, and definitly not eatting enuff calories, My doc ok'd me moving to mushies 10 days post op, but just told me to make sure I really chew my foods lol smh but no real guideline, so I never know what to eat. I need more energy lol.....

That's where I'm with it now as well. I'm like the little engine that could, I think I can but really I can't. I know i'm not getting enough protien, and definitly not eatting enuff calories, My doc ok'd me moving to mushies 10 days post op, but just told me to make sure I really chew my foods lol smh but no real guideline, so I never know what to eat. I need more energy lol.....

Google mushy food diet. For me, it's just too many possibilities since I've been eating full liquids for so long! Right now (I think my diet is a little more lax than yours has to be, right now) I'm planning to eat things like tuna salad, cottage cheese, ricotta, watermelon and feta salad, avocado, mashed potatoes, turkey chili w/o Beans (they don't want me having bean skin unless its SUPER cooked right now), and hopefully eggs will agree with me. Everything else seems to so far.

I can't wait to get there lol. Although doc had ok'd me for mushy foods i'm still breaking myself in easy. I'm doing fillets of fish, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, crab Soup, and yogurts. Open for more suggestions thou :) cause apart from the runny mashed potatoes i'm only getting down a few spoonfuls (5-6 baby spoonfuls)

I can't wait to get there lol. Although doc had ok'd me for mushy foods i'm still breaking myself in easy. I'm doing fillets of fish, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, crab Soup, and yogurts. Open for more suggestions thou :) cause apart from the runny mashed potatoes i'm only getting down a few spoonfuls (5-6 baby spoonfuls)

For the time being, I'm eating frequently. I'm still not hungry, though, but I have to make myself. This morning, I was able to get about 1.75oz down in one sitting of tuna salad. I'm BEYOND sick of yogurts, puddings and the like, so I'm not touching those. I was also told that I can get all of my Protein from whole foods now, rather than from those vile Protein shakes. Now it's just a challenge to eat enough, calorie-wise.

For the time being' date=' I'm eating frequently. I'm still not hungry, though, but I have to make myself. This morning, I was able to get about 1.75oz down in one sitting of tuna salad. I'm BEYOND sick of yogurts, puddings and the like, so I'm not touching those. I was also told that I can get all of my Protein from whole foods now, rather than from those vile Protein shakes. Now it's just a challenge to eat enough, calorie-wise.[/quote']

Lol, those protien powders/shakes are quite vile. I'm looking for a good unflavored one to stick in my grits, oatmeal, and cream of wheat. (watered down of course lol)

Lol, those protien powders/shakes are quite vile. I'm looking for a good unflavored one to stick in my grits, oatmeal, and cream of wheat. (watered down of course lol)

Even unflavored doesn't mean flavorless. I learned that the hard way!

Which one did you try?

Isopure and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored.