Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shared Laundry Rooms!!!

I'm in the process of trying to get my laundry done right now. I'm living in a 4 floor apartment, that has a laundry room on each floor, with one dryer and one washer. That's pretty good, I think, cause the last place I lived had one laundry room for 4 floors with only 2 washers & 2 dryers.

My problem is people who don't keep track of how long a load of laundry takes to wash, and how long it takes in the dryer. Right now I'm waiting for some dude to take his stuff out of the dryer, so I can start drying my 2 loads I've washed while he dries his one load. I KNOW that it takes about 25 minutes to wash, and maybe 50 to dry, so as soon as 25 minutes rolls around, I'm in there, taking my clothes out of the washer, and piling them on top of the dryer.

I had to wait about an hour for this guy to wash his clothes, and get them outta the damn washing machine. Usually, if I'm in a huge hurry, and someones stuff is done washing or drying, I will take their clothes out, and put them on top of the dryer. I don't like doing this, cause I don't like the thought of someone else manhandling my underwear, so I don't think other people might either. I also worry that they're gonna catch me taking their stuff out!

So, if you're someone in an apartment, and are in the same situation as me, please pay attention to how long stuff takes to wash and dry, and get your stuff out of the washer and/or dryer when it's done!!! (or it's gonna end up in a pile on top!)

ok, I'm done.

p.s. had to run and check if his stuff was out of the dryer while typing this, and it still wasn't (it's been done drying for at least 20 minutes) ... so I took it out! And I DIDN'T fold it! HA!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havn't had to deal with that since my college days when I lived in the dorm but I remember how frustrating it was. After a month or so, I had now qualms about taking peoples stuff out of the washer or dryer! I wouldn't really mind if I got side tracked and someone had to do the same with mine either.

I'm like you, however, and I usually pay attention to the time. I must admit, I do love having my own washer and dryer!!

My college apartment was the same way! something like 40 apartments, 2 washers & dryers for the whole complex. I would usually wait until Sunday morning to do my laundry, because everyone else was at church. That's one of the the good things about being a Pagan, no required church attendence. :eek: But yeah, people would forever leave their stuff too long in the machines. I would always set my kitchen timer so I knew exactly how long I needed to wait.

Oh, yeah, once I was doing a small load of delicates, and some jerk guy decided that he would throw in his jeans in with my stuff! I about came un-glued!

I once live in a place that people didn't empty their driers, AND!!! If you didn't stay w/ your laundry you had a chance of people stealing it! Or at least pieces of it! CRAZY

Nana~

Doing laundry in a shared laundry rooms just sucks all the way around. Lugging clothes to and from. Waiting with it or wondering if someone is touching your stuff if you don't. Yuck. Worst of all, laundry rooms can be dangerous places. Bad stuff happens in them frequently. Be careful argon.

I hate laundry rooms too. I think 2nd to people who don't pay attention to how long their laundry has been done is people that stand there and wait for your laundry to be done and take it out the second the timer goes off. I watch the clock when my laundry is in and go get it, and there's been a few times I've gone down 'right on time' (give or take a minute) and it's already sitting on top of the washer.

There's no laundry room in my building where I live now. Honestly, it's almost easier to go to the laundromat, lol.