Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Problem" areas for sleevers...

Sign in to follow this  

So, I'm sure that the ladies have this problem, but more so...

So now that I've lost 120 lbs, I'm looking and feeling SO much better, but I have some... trouble spots. Loose skin. Unlike the ladies, I have the option of bulking up to give my skin new adhesion points; if I can bulk up enough, I may be able to avoid plastic surgery.

So I have loose skin in three places.

1. On my tummy. Fortunately, not much. Barely enough to pinch. I can live with this, and if not, I'll get plastics.
  2. On my inner thighs. THIS, I can fix, by bulking my legs up to tree-trunk levels. I'm working on this with heavy weight squats/leg presses/extensions/leg curls. It'll take time, but I'm confident that I can fill this skin back in with muscle.
  3. On my lower pecs; this is where the ladies would have saggy boobs. Fortunately I'm not quite to this level, but I have a tiny bit of pinchable loose skin there, and it makes me self-conscious. I know I can build up my pecs, but all my workouts seem to be bulking up the TOP of my pecs (a LOT), so that I have a huge chest "shelf" now but I still haven't got this lower pectoral region filled out. Any recommendations? Will decline presses work?
  4. On my back in the "spare tire" area. This isn't really loose skin, but it's one of the last areas that I'm carrying any real fat. I know you can't spot reduce, but anyone have any good obliques workouts so I can firm up the supporting muscles? I'd like to have nice lean flanks when I go to Hawaii this winter!

Thanks in advance for any advice :) I should take some pics so it'll make more sense...

Yes take some pics!! ;) haha

Seriously, though, I would like to hear what hits you get for the spare tire. I have that and it is the last to deflate on me.

I hate hate the spare tire. I have a big one and it goes big to small. That is my weight gain spot. I struggle with skinny jeans and I can never wear thirts.

There is this little pocket around my belly button that hangs and it looks gross. It makes me sooo self conscious when I am being intimate with someone that I rather lay flat in bed so it doesn't look weird. You can't tell if I am standing but if I move it wiggles. I hate it.

Inner thighs.. well forget it. Nobody sees those anyways. hahaha Also, under the arm is challenging.

Has anyone seen my 600 lb life? I noticed that when someone loses over 100 lbs it seems to stick around in the thigh and calf region. I don't know why, it seems like that area is fairly well worked for cardio. I am worried about that myself because I was a gymnast and dancer growing up and have always had large muscular thighs. SC, under the arm is a nightmare too. Anyone have any idea how to keep these areas on par with the rest?

So, I'm sure that the ladies have this problem, but more so...

So now that I've lost 120 lbs, I'm looking and feeling SO much better, but I have some... trouble spots. Loose skin. Unlike the ladies, I have the option of bulking up to give my skin new adhesion points; if I can bulk up enough, I may be able to avoid plastic surgery.

So I have loose skin in three places.

1. On my tummy. Fortunately, not much. Barely enough to pinch. I can live with this, and if not, I'll get plastics.
  2. On my inner thighs. THIS, I can fix, by bulking my legs up to tree-trunk levels. I'm working on this with heavy weight squats/leg presses/extensions/leg curls. It'll take time, but I'm confident that I can fill this skin back in with muscle.
  3. On my lower pecs; this is where the ladies would have saggy boobs. Fortunately I'm not quite to this level, but I have a tiny bit of pinchable loose skin there, and it makes me self-conscious. I know I can build up my pecs, but all my workouts seem to be bulking up the TOP of my pecs (a LOT), so that I have a huge chest "shelf" now but I still haven't got this lower pectoral region filled out. Any recommendations? Will decline presses work?
  4. On my back in the "spare tire" area. This isn't really loose skin, but it's one of the last areas that I'm carrying any real fat. I know you can't spot reduce, but anyone have any good obliques workouts so I can firm up the supporting muscles? I'd like to have nice lean flanks when I go to Hawaii this winter!

Thanks in advance for any advice smile.gif I should take some pics so it'll make more sense...

All of these problem areas are targeted quite well in pilates. I know it is a workout meant for dancer types, but you can do them at home and no one will know ;)

If you notice, all of your problem areas (except the pecs) are ones that dancers need good muscle tone in to be able to dance with proper form.

I actually looked into pilates, and it wasn't for me. But I've been trying to get more involved with its very distant cousin -- yoga -- for some time. There's a lot of work in yoga with the core and the legs. There's just not much you can do about the "spare tire" since core work tends to shrink you down, making loose skin *worse*. But the other stuff can build up muscles in the legs and butt and back and arms, which will counteract some loose skin.

On my lower pecs; this is where the ladies would have saggy boobs. Fortunately I'm not quite to this level, but I have a tiny bit of pinchable loose skin there, and it makes me self-conscious. I know I can build up my pecs, but all my workouts seem to be bulking up the TOP of my pecs (a LOT), so that I have a huge chest "shelf" now but I still haven't got this lower pectoral region filled out. Any recommendations? Will decline presses work?[*]

I know that you posted this a long time back and i hope that you have already gotten your answer but, in case... My hubby is a MAJOR gym rat and he says that decline bench press w/ dumbell will fix that. You can google it and you'll see what to do. :)