Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been walking briskly most evenings . . . probably about 2 miles or so each time. Been feeling really good about it but I had my post-op visit with my surgeon today and he's released me for full exercise with no restrictions. I decided to do a longer walk on a local walking trail, did 3 miles. Kept a really good pace (probably between 3-4 mph most of the time) but in a few spots, I actually had enough energy to RUN! Now granted, it was a fairly slow jog and I was only able to do a tenth of a mile at a time or so, but it felt really good and I'm not in complete agony now. Now I just have to figure out how to run without my a$@ and belly jiggling all over the place. Dare I buy spandex?!? :)

I had to add to this because I downloaded the C25K app this morning and did week 1/day 1 tonight. It was awesome! I've decided to work towards running a 5k and eventually running a mini-marathon!!

WOW! Awesome!!!! I say Go for the spandex YAYYYY!

Way to go IndyMom!

I am actually in the midst of training for a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles). I will run 6 miles for the first time tomorrow. Last week I ran 5 miles and LOVED every second of it. I swear I am not making that up. I NEVER thought I would ever love running. Here's the best part. The first time I ran anywhere post WLS was June 18th when I ran for about a 1/2 mile and was almost dead. Now, less that three months later I am covering 5 miles without a problem. I feel wonderful! I share all of this as motivation and to let you know that you can get a lot better really fast.

As for the jiggle issue, I wear capri style legging that hold everything in place. :) Reebok makes a great pair for about $35 that I bought at their outlet store but I also found these on the online store here: http://www.reebok.com/US/product?modelId=QE312&articleId=W05833

I swear by these. Although I am thin enough to run in shorts now, I prefer these because the jiggle factor with the loose skin just gets annoying. And, I don't feel fat in them. :)

Best of luck to you!

Amanda

Congrats! The C25K program is GREAT and will have you running a 5k in no time! I completed the program last year (before surgery) and am on week 6 right now. It is soooo much easier to run without the extra weight. Flabby skin is a whole 'nother issue, tho. I buy spandex capri length running pants at outlet stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross usually for $12 to $17 a pair. Was browsing in a sporting goods store tonight and almost choked seeing a $60 price tag for some of these same pants!

Good luck to you on the running!

Congrats, MaryMoon! I started the Couch potato to 5K program around June. I thought I was going to die when I first had to jog & it was a slow jog at that. I don't follow the program exactly. I just try to increase what I'm doing whenever I feel like that last run really wasn't very hard. I now jog 20 minutes a day straight without the walking & feel like that's a miracle in itself. I'm now slowly increasing speed. Once I'm at a 5/mile/hour pace, I'll go back to working on distance. As for the jiggle...when I first started I seriously felt like my butt needed it's own zip code. It was so embarrassing, especially since it seemed to bounce opposite to the rest of me. At this point, I don't feel like I really have any noticeable extra jiggle... a combo of losing weight & firming up from the exercise. Good luck to you!

Krista

I bought spandex capris today at JC Penney for $15!! They are TIGHT but they do help hold everything in place.

I love the spandex capris too...I bought 3 pair of them and I can't believe how tight they make my booty look! I've been running too but just on the treadmill at the gym. The marathons scare me but maybe I will add that soon. My last 2 pairs of pants I bought were a size 6 and I just can't believe that is a real number. I thought the first pair was a fluke (or vanity sizing) but maybe not!