Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new surgeon's office sent me an email on Tuesday that they would need my old surgeon's records for my appointment on Monday. I'm now living two time zones away from my old surgeon's office, so I couldn't call them about it until first thing Wednesday morning. I call, the lady says that she'll pass on the request and that they might need a faxed release form. I give them my fax number and my new surgeon's fax number, and all is well (or so I think). I check my faxes throughout the day, nothing, so I call around 4:30 that afternoon. The person responsible for faxing them says she'd gotten the message and would do it first thing in the morning. I assume (yes, I know) that she'll do it, and on Thursday and today assume (again!) that since I hadn't received a fax, that they didn't need one, and forgot about it.

I get a call this afternoon from the new surgeon's office confirming my appointment and reminding me to bring my records with me. I'm thinking, "That's odd, they should have those by now." I call old surgeon's office, the woman who faxes stuff has gone home already (remember, two time zone difference). I call up new surgeon's office this afternoon, and nope, they've not received them. So now, I get to harass old surgeon's office staff on Monday and hopefully get them to rush-fax my records. They should have plenty of time, considering my appointment isn't until 5pm their time, but then again, they've had 3 days to do it and didn't get it done.

I'm just frustrated with everything. If you tell me you're going to do something, DO IT.

PATIENCE Frustrated,

You've come this far. You're one fax away from a goal. (one of many goals). Next you will have a few hoops to jump thru for your new surgeon which will consist of you hurrying up to wait. I've been in your shooes. Lapband failed (port flipped and band slipped with a hiatal hernia to boot. Had to get an upper GI, another consult, the insurance coordinator had to declare war on AETNA to approve removal of lapband (step1) get approval for the sleeve (step 2), find surgery date (step 3), go through the whole dietician class program...again=step 4 even though I went thru it already when I got the lap band with the same surgical group and same dietician (its a money thing).

Take it one day at a time and keep your eye on the the end results.

I had my revision on July 19th and was discharged on the 21st. Had two days of pure D MISERYbut the worst is over and the journey towards a healthier happier me begins. The heathy happier journey for you will be here before you now it.

weight.png