Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is going to be an interesting week! Thursday I start my one week pre-op liquid diet. I am fortunate to not have to go at it alone. My best friend AND my sister are doing it with me! I'm feeling very blessed by the support of my family and friends! Surgery is on Thursday the 14th at Methodist Dallas with Dr. Colleen Kennedy. I'm READY READY READY!!!! I'd love to have a few sleeve buddies! Anyone have a similar date???

YAY! HI! Are you already on your diet? Where are you having your surgery? I've noticed A LOT of folks going to Tijuana for theirs.... I'm not that brave!

Congrats! I'll be having my surgery 2 days before you on the 12th. It's great that you have such support!

Yes, I started it on Wednesday. It's been pretty ok - although the last 3 days I've been having cravings. Today I actually caved to my craving - I wanted the new salad from Wendy's (the berry almond salad with chicken) and a small Wendy's chili. The salad would have been ok on my preop diet except for the berries and chicken and the chili was also a no-no. But it was so good. The last 2 days I had been craving pizza - and I didn't give in to THAT craving, so overall, I think I did ok even though I caved. Back on it tomorrow though.

My surgery is in Fairfield Ohio - a suburb of Cincinnati.

I know where Fairfeild is! Well, from my online job I do! I schedule mystery shops in that area! LOL. I think that you will be okay, it's not like you downed a burger and fries! I'm certain that I will want to cheat too! I'm so worried about starting my diet on Thursday, even though I've been practicing a bit. But, I just keep telling myself I CAN DO IT. It helps that my best friend and sister are doing it with me!

Yes, I started it on Wednesday. It's been pretty ok - although the last 3 days I've been having cravings. Today I actually caved to my craving - I wanted the new salad from Wendy's (the berry almond salad with chicken) and a small Wendy's chili. The salad would have been ok on my preop diet except for the berries and chicken and the chili was also a no-no. But it was so good. The last 2 days I had been craving pizza - and I didn't give in to THAT craving, so overall, I think I did ok even though I caved. Back on it tomorrow though.

My surgery is in Fairfield Ohio - a suburb of Cincinnati.

I used to do mystery shopping when I was in Michigan more frequently. However, I haven't done it in a while thanks to my job having me in Cincinnati for a while and I still haven't moved to the area yet. However, 2 weeks after surgery, I will be getting an apartment in the area (about 3 miles from where I am having surgery done!) . What a small world. :)

You'll do fine. I have found that days 3-5 of the pre-op diet is the hardest as far as cravings go. Of course, I'm just starting day 6, but I'm already feeling much better today than I did yesterday.

I start my pre op diet on Friday. I would love to have support. I am jealous that your friend and sister are going along for the ride! That is great though. My hubby offered to do it with me...but he is already a skinny guy. I didn't want to ask him to do that with me. I guess I'm still in denial a little bit...I can't believe I'll be starting my diet so soon. Also, my Birthday is July 16...and I have planned to go out with the girls on the 15th.....I can not NOT see myself cheating and having drinks. We shall see. I don't want to cheat and will do my best to be a "good" girl. :P I have a 2 week pre op diet...but it is not as strict as most. I still am supposed to have 2 meals a day in addition to the 2 shakes a day....just supposed to avoid carbs and not have fried foods. Good luck to you both! :)

I am scheduled for the 19th. I will be starting my pre op on Monday the 11th. It is great that you have such a support system.

I'm scheduled for the 18th so I'm not too far off. However, my doc only has me doing a 2 day liquid pre-op diet (I think) so you'll already be sleeved by the time mine starts. I keep telling myself I can do anything for 2 days! I do a 30 hour famine for World Vision at least once a year so I think I'll be fine. It would be amazing to have support, though. Oddly, I feel supported just knowing that some of you are going to be close to me (I'm in WV). Here we go! :)

OH I'm so excited for all of us!!!! This is going to be one of those fantastic voyages that most people only get to see on T.V.!! There are a few BRILLIANT occasions in my short life on this earth. Being privileged to be the mother of 3 great kids, having a terrifically supportive, and loving family, and meeting the man of my dreams almost 3 years ago. I've had so many ups and downs the past few years, and everything this year, just seems to be going my way for once in my life! I'm so thoroughly blessed!! I hope that each of you find the support you need to get through this. Be it through your friends and family or right here on this site! If you need someone to talk to and just don't feel you have anyone, shoot me a message and I'll send you my number. I'm a pretty good listener. Thank you all for your kind words and support. I can't wait to see how much this changes us in the months to come!!!

Hi...My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, July 13th. I am super nervous. My pre-op starts on Monday, July 11th. I feel a lot better after seeing so many of us are taking this journey together.

AHH.. Good luck!!! I'll be thinking about you as I get my things together for my next day visit to the land of sleeves! You really only have to pre-op diet for 2 days??? LUCKY!!

Hi...My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, July 13th. I am super nervous. My pre-op starts on Monday, July 11th. I feel a lot better after seeing so many of us are taking this journey together.

Ka-Trina, who is your surgeon? I only have 2 days as well. I'm going today for my last meeting with the dietician regarding surgery prep and postop diet, I assume.