Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a band to sleeve revision on 6/15/10. I started at 237 and I am now 197. That's only 40lbs in 6 months :(. I only had about 60% of my stomach removed and it was not made into the shape of a sleeve, and the doctor told me I would not lose all of my excess weight if I didn't work for it. I do not exercise as much as should and I can eat more than I should be able to. What should I do. I experience head hunger quite often and I snack all day. I really want to turn things around and lose 20 lbs by New Years Day. I know that sounds like a lot, but it's a reachable goal. I do have a hypothyroidism and I take meds for that as well. Any advice you all can offer is greatly appreciated.

Hi Nicki,

Well, firstly if you discover how to lose 20 Lbs in 2 weeks, please definitely share it here!! :D I just want to lose 10... LOL

Don't worry too much though, seriously. So, you're a slow loser... nothing wrong with that. You lost 40 LBS WOW!!! That's really great!!

Only thing I can suggest to you is perhaps, start over. Go super low carbs for a few days and flush that Fluid out. You will lose fast that way. It will also curb that awful head hunger and urge to snack all the time. Hang in there, and definitely remain positive and appreciative to the pounds you have lost. The weight loss will return once you do those things. Include the workouts to add to the losses!!

Good luck! :)

I feel like such a failure, and so many of my friends know about the surgey nd they all look so disappointed when they hear my progress thus far. I mean I started at 237 and six months later i fluctuate between 197 and 202. It is so frustrating. It seems the only time my body responds and drops weight is when I eat absolutely nothing. I was so depressed the other day because I was able to eat a whole sandwich, it took an hour but I ate it. Thanks for the suggestions, i'll certainly try.

Hi Nicki,

Well, firstly if you discover how to lose 20 Lbs in 2 weeks, please definitely share it here!! :D I just want to lose 10... LOL

Don't worry too much though, seriously. So, you're a slow loser... nothing wrong with that. You lost 40 LBS WOW!!! That's really great!!

Only thing I can suggest to you is perhaps, start over. Go super low carbs for a few days and flush that Fluid out. You will lose fast that way. It will also curb that awful head hunger and urge to snack all the time. Hang in there, and definitely remain positive and appreciative to the pounds you have lost. The weight loss will return once you do those things. Include the workouts to add to the losses!!

Good luck! :)

Hmmm... I think then maybe your problem is that you're allowing yourself to eat with too much time. Maybe you should set a timer or clock watch while you're eating. Say, if whatever you haven't finished in 30 minutes gets tossed.

I do understand that is a really hard habit to break. We get to thinking about wasting food or the millions of kids starving in China. But, you have to overcome that. I know I sure can eat a lot more if I didn't stop at my pre-measured tiny portions. I do follow the 30 minute rule too. I learned this while being banded so I really don't even think about it anymore, but should be a standard for anyone with WLS.

Also, set mini goals for yourself. Sometimes its easier to see the forest for the trees, know what I mean? I do about 20-25 Lbs goals and watching my little shark swim quickly accross the Water really helps to keep me motivated. Also once I get into Onederland I'll shorten up those goals into 10-15 Lbs.

All the best to you, and I *know* you can pull it together and start up the weight loss again.

I understand feeling like a failure. I live with that everyday since I have a failed lapband. I do think you need to look at your accomplishments though. You are in one-derland. That is HUGE. I dream of being in the one-hundreds. Forty pounds in six months is great. You are NOT a failure. You are doing well!!! Be proud of yourself.