Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanted go share what a wonderful expierence this has been for me! I'm sure my husband, who is very supportive would like for me to talk about something other than how little I can I eat! But this gas truly been a blessing, in so many ways. First I have lost 32 pounds since my surgery on march 23. Second I haven't thrown up, felt nauseated or poorly in general. I have been able to transition into regular foods with no problems.. I had lettuce yesterday and it went down just like it used to! And lastly I have been a carb queen for my entire adult life. Now I crave chicken, cheese, lunch meat, cottage cheese, etc. Before I could have done with out meat period. Now my carb cravings have subsided considerably. I eat healthy, but don't deprive myself of anything. If I want a nacho, I eat a nacho. If i want something sweet, I eat a bite. I was worried about adjusting to my new stomach, but it has been a breeze and I want folks to know it can happen that way! I was anxious to start my exercise regimin, but Injured my heel breaking up a fight at work. So now I'm on crutches....still losing tho! Thank all of you gor your support, this forum helped me choose this surgery and it has literally changed my life for the better!

Has anyone had changes in their foods? Like mine with the carbs? I'm interested to see how often that occurs!

Congratulations! That's great loss too!

I'm only 11 days out from surgery but I can honestly say I'm not missing all the carb rich foods I used to eat.

I will confess though that when I saw a pizza hut commercial on tv the other day...I had a moment of drooling...but it didn't linger. LOL

Girldep

Isn't it amazing how this surgery works!!! I have not had ANY trouble eating anything!!! Not one single bite has bothered me. I also do not deprive myself of anything, if I want chips I have a few.

Sorry about your injury to your heel, hopefully you will heal up quick.

Yes I have had lots of changes in the foods that I eat, there are so many that I can't stand anymore, and a few that I like again. You will notice that your taste buds will change, and that you will crave some strange things. Some of your favorites will taste terrible.

Good luck to you and keep doing great!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches