Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my stomach is just not settling

Hi All,

Please help I am 2 months post opp. this week. My meals consist of very little food (which I understand and I am happy with). Mornings would be egg on toast (one quarter), lunch for the most part quarter glass of milk to get tablets down and then supper would be a little experimentation such as possible chicken or pie (small portion).

The problem is that I do not need to ever use the bathroom (which is fine being that I am eating less) but then suddenly one day I would have to rush off with a mixture of diarrhoea and normal stomach. I usually counteract this with immodium

This is normally followed by a week of nothing and then the same story again. I am obviously doing something to irritate my stomach but because I work on the road this type of unexpected problem needs to be avoided.

Need to mention that I was a ex. bandster and I wonder if the carbs could have some contribution (had no carbs for 5 years)

Any advice will be helpful

Regards

Andre

ps I drink coffey and tea during the day, I know "liquids in - liquids out" but how do you avoid this :party4:

I would think that maybe adding some benefiber to your Water intake make help get you regular. You also may want to consider some green, leafy veggies to your diet if your doctor has cleared you for those foods. A good salad always makes me feel better, plus, it's full of folic acid which is essential part of a nutritional needs. If you aren't going to the bathroom regularly the explosive diarrhea, followed by normal bowel movements, may be contributed to the fact that you aren't going on a regular basis. I only go every 2 days, sometimes 3 days, and I eat carbs every day. I steered clear of carbs with my band as well until right before the revision.

Can you tolerate yogurt or greek yogurt? It's full of Probiotics that will help your GI tract stay normal. I eat yogurt every other day for Breakfast. I don't eggs just because I do not like them.

Are you drinking any plain Water or crystal light? If you're drinking only caffeinated drinks, I know that contributes to my bowels moving more quickly. I limit myself to one cup of coffee every day to every other day just because I feel horrible if I consume more caffeine.

If all else fails, do you have dietician or nutritionist that you can contact?

What a incredible reply "tiffykins" truly appreciate the help.

Have to admit I have never been a salad person and because the band was not all that salad friendly I avoided it at all cost, which as you say could be part of the reason.

South Africa does not sell benifiber but I am going to try and get my hands on some.

The funny thing is that I hate Yoghurt and also only eat eggs, not the worlds most incredible food.

I stopped at the chemist and purchased Probiflora daily, which I will take with the change in diet. I think my problem is lack of healthy food versus my normal obese food my entire life.

I also ran into the problem when I had the band but only ever so often which at the time I decided must be some form of lactose intolerance.

Thanks again

Andre

The immodium is probably not helping. If you don't take it, do you continue to have loose stools? I would experiment with not taking it and see if that helps. Good luck!

I agree with Tiffykins sometimes caffeine can be too much of a yummy thing... hope things get better for you. Stress can also be a factor... so if you are worried about it sometimes that can also add to the end result.

a lot of sleevers develop a lactose intolerance. I did . I found out because milk made me get diareah (sp?) and since I do not drink milk anymore or at least i only drink lactose free milk my stomach's been fine..so that's my two cents. Try cutting back on caffeine and getting rid of the milk....Good Luck...Seaview