Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve 99.9% sure.

:crying: I was hoping to get some honest feedback about sleeve surgery. I am 99.9% sure this option is for me. I am scheduled for my complete consultation in January. I wanted to know if anyone regrets (even a little) making this decision. I do not have medical issues...YET and am in my early 30's. I fear a food addiction will turn into other addictions if food is not an option. Thanks for your help :crying:

I have absolutely zero regrets about having sleeve surgery. I don't miss food, I haven't developed any further addictions because of the weight loss. And believe me, I have an addictive personality, and struggled with addiction when I was younger. I'm about to turn 33 so I understand your concerns.

I did not have the classic co-morbidities even at 5'2" weighing 270 pounds, but I did have joint pain. No high blood pressure, no cholesterol issues, nothing except being fat, and knowing that if I didn't do something, I would for sure die early or live on medications because of my weight issue.

I can tell you from my experience as a band to sleeve revision that I am so happy, and live my life to the fullest that I don't have time for any other addictions. I used to be a big drinker, bar hopper (before I was married), and was concerned that I would turn to alcohol to fill the void since I couldn't eat large quantities. But, guess what, I have not had anything to drink since my revision in June. I have zero desire to drink. I always loved to shop so that wasn't an issue either, but I can tell you that shopping is a lot more fun now.

If you are concerned about other (called transfer) addictions, ask your surgeon if their program includes a support group. If they do not have support group see if you can find one on meetup.com in your local area. And, you can always turn to us here for help, questions or concerns.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I am 4'11' and a little under 200 lbs. I have two young daughters (12 & 6) that I want to set a healthy example for. I am glad to hear your health issues are very similar to mine. I have had no problems that I know of BUT really don't want to develop any. The joint pain is there for me. I want to be done with food and enjoy my 30's. I am scheduled to see Dr. Ganta in Austin, TX and he does have a nutrition & support team. It is great to hear that you have found other ways to fulfill the need for food! Your success gives me great encouragement to go forward and put my mind at ease. Even though the consultation is a month away I cannot sleep because my mind won't let me. Thanks for all the support!!!