Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here and getting VSG

Guest LavenderRose@LBT
Sign in to follow this  

Guest LavenderRose@LBT

Hi to everyone!

I am unable to go to a site that has a section for VSG because my computer freezes every time I try to open up a post that someone left. And I know of a site that has no one that comes there. I just found this site with people who have VSG and it seems like I may be able to get some information and support here. I hope it is ok that I am here. I know this is a site mostly for lapband people, but I am hoping I can get some support from those with VSG.

I have the lapband but it is not working for me at all. I have worked very close with my surgeon and dietician through the time I have had the band, which is about 1.5 years. I have problems with RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and I didn't know I had RA until after I got my band. If I knew about it I would have chosen a different surgery then, because it is made clear the band is not for those with auto-immuned diseases. My surgeon wants to do the VSG for me and I have decided to go for it. I am trying to get my surgery done about Mid Decemeber. I want to get it done during the time I will have off from college before my next semester starts the 3rd week of January. I am now working with my dietician on my 6 month supervised diet that is required by my insurance company.

I have heard a lot of good things about the VSG and I am hoping it works as well for me as it has for so many others I have read about. It appears that people lose fairly quickly with the gastric sleeve. It seems many of you are losing about 8-10 lbs a month. Is this fair to say? Or is it more or less weight per month that is lost?

I am currently 240 lbs. I am hoping to get down to 150, but I would be happy getting to 160. It seems a lot of you who have the gastric sleeve for some time have lost so well, therefore, that makes me believe my goal weight is realistic.

I like the fact that the Ghrelin hormone is removed and you become less hungry in time. I am sooo looking forward to that.

I look forward to talking to more VSG people and getting to know all of you.

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest anita_b@LBT

Hi welcome!

I'm pretty new here too but had my sleeve 4 weeks ago and have lost 30 lbs. I have heard its 2-3 lbs per week after the first month, so that would work out to 8-12 lbs per month, which is a nice steady loss.

I hope that all goes well with your revision, please keep us posted!

Guest LavenderRose@LBT

Anita~

Thank you so much for your reply.

CONGRATES on your weight loss so far. 30 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome. I hope that happens with me. 2-3 pounds a week is great to my ears. Especially since it seems easier to achieve with the sleeve then with the band to ME anyway. Not that you can't gain it all back IF you decide to eat fattening, high calories foods. But I like that the gastric sleeve cuts out the hunger hormone for the most part to make you less hungery. I would get chest pain in my band from eating even the smallest bits and not feeling full and satisfied, so I am really looking forward to feeling full and not hungry. I feel the band is awesome for some, but for me it didn't work, so I am happy I have this option availabale.

LR.

Wishing everyone an awesone journey with their weightloss, no matter what surgery you had or will have!

Guest JaJeanne@LBT

LavenderRose-

You go girl, you can do this. The sleeve is awesome! I am 17 days out from my surgery and -17 lbs have disapeared! I just can't believe it and you are right I really do not feel hungry. My head hunger is still there of course, but it is sooo awesome not to feel that empty pit feeling. I ate a 1/2 c of Soup yesterday for lunch and I was soooooo full I could hardly believe it, that lasted me until dinner time, no problem... It is such a miracle, thank God for this tool! I'm so happy with my sleeve! When are you scheduled? I highly recommend Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, great experience for 9500... PM me any questions... Jeanne

Guest LavenderRose@LBT

Thanks Jeanne,

I would love to go to Mexicali, but I think my insurance is paying for my surgery as long as I do the 6 month superivsed diet, which I am in the middle of. Thanks for offering your support. I am enjoying meeting new friends with sleeves and getting to know all of you. This is one heck of a ride so far. I am sure once I am sleeved it will be even more exciting. I am looking forward to it. You are doing good with your sleeve. Keep up the great work!

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

Congrats on your decision. I had surgery on July 2nd and I have lost 51 lbs! :-) I wish you luck!

Guest solopoco@LBT

I agree the sleeve is AWESOME!!!! I had surgery July 15 and have lost 30 lbs. I am very careful to comply with the high protien diet and get full on 1/2 cup or less cup of food. Congrats and enjoy your soon to be successful weight loss!

Guest lilbit08@LBT

The sleeve is also what I am considering and a good website to meet lots of others who have had the procedure as well as get LOTS of knowledge is OH (ObesityHelp.com).

Guest jlweb55@LBT

I had the vgs 3 weeks ago today, so far I love it, however my weight loss has stalled for the last 5 or 6 days when I started eating regular food. I guess I still have to watch all that icecream and Cookies. goodluck Jlweb55