Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another NSV today

Went to a consignment shop today and found this cute 3/4 length cotton shirt, it was so me, size 2X, just knew it would fit because it was Croft & Barrow from Kohl's and althought I love Kohl's their brands run small on me unlike your more expensive stores like Dillards or Macy's but I went ahead and tried it on, well with disappointment it was too big but on the otherhand joy joy joy, too big right? Needless to say I left with nothing. Guess I should hit Kohl's to see about 1X's on sale...I see I need to shop. Oh and another one, bought a bra yesterday, size 38DD, instead of a 40DD, I was wearing a 44DD when I started. I really wanted to buy the 38D but couldn't afford the Wacoal bra and didn't have time to try it on so I stuck with what I tried on.

It's all good things.. buying a bra is such a pain... I used to wear Wacoal bra's because they were so much more comfortable than regular bra's.. now I can wear about anything .. going from 44D to 38C so far is a blessing.. I am starting to enjoy shopping more .. It's great to read about other folks and their NSV's it keeps me on track.. Good luck @ Kohl's.. we don't have one here.

woo hooo!!! Those are great nsv's!! I need to go shopping too, but I get terrified! I'm pretty sure I'm not in plus sizes anymore, but every time I venture into the 'other' section, I feel like the plus size police will be waiting for me to drag me back to the plus size corner. haha

I've got to start buying smaller sizes. I was 3x for years but was down to 2x when I started the pre-op diet but now I'm down to size 20 and it's gotten loose but I still don't have the guts to try a size 18. I think I fear it won't fit. I'll get the nerve to try an 18 soon but it's still hard for me to realize I've lost weight because to me I look the same in the mirror.

I still never find things at Kohl's. if i remember right, you live in FL also. Try Bealls and Ross. I find great deals there, usually better then the consignment store.

SueBee I only wish I lived in Fla, Bealle's is nice. I live in Western Ky but have Nashville TN nearby and also Clarksville TN really close. I too have noticed I look in the mirror and see the old me and have caught myself trying on larger sizes thinking oh that won't fit attitude. Luckily I have a really hip mom and I've taken some of her stuff as she has lost 40 lbs and I got some of her Coldwater Creek long sleeve tees and turtlenecks and jackets. Having a yard sale Sat. and have lots of my old clothes to sell in it. However I did keep my largest pair of jeans, capri's and one sweater to remind myself where I had been and to never go back.

I wish I would have done that! I do find myself still seeing the old me. My excess skin still has me looking at it as big! I am going straight to the size 12 now and most of it fits nicely. Try them online!

I love TN! We used to live in Asheville, NC and go to TN.