Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I got a verbal approval for Dr. Tiffany Jessee. She is on my MSA and is under contract with them, so I am going to see her in June when my 30 day policy period is up.

Anyone used her? When searching I see 3 or 4 use her for fills, but can't seem to find anyone who has actually had surgery by her.

Sun Coast Bariatrics @ http://www.shedthepounds.com in Largo, FL.

Anyone else used a MSA and have any info on things like self pay versus a contracted price?

I was told by my MSA they will pay 90% of the contracted price of everything - Certainly better than paying $17,000 out of pocket :biggrin1:

Now I just have to find out what the contracted price is lol They won't tell me until my 1st visit.

I guess this is my reward for being patient the past 3 or 4 months and taking the bumps in the road and learning from them.

Amy, did they give you info when you went in?

I talked to Pat (office Mgr) yesterday and she told me that Dr. Jessee's fee was $5,000 Hospital $12,000 and the Anesthesiologist was $1,000.

I found Private Healthcare Systems that is like a Medical Savings Plan and they cover the surgery as long as the dr is in the plan (Dr. Jessee is) and it is medically necessary according to that doctor.

I will let you know after my 1st visit with her - just waiting on my 30 day sign up period is over then I can go and get the actual contracted price.

I was banded in TJ by Dr.Ortiz but am using Dr. Jessee for my aftercare. I originally tried going thru the fillcenterusa clinics but I got horrible treatment and the nurse practicioner didn't seem like she knew what she was doing. :D I have had one fill with Dr.Jessee three weeks ago and my second is scheduled for the 22nd of this month. She is very competent and friendly and I felt extremely comfortable with her. The only bad thing is that her fill price for went up from $200 to $400 as of May 1st this year. Your first fill is $550 and then the rest are $400. So she definitely isn't cheap but I still think it is better to go to somebody who is qualified. If you are a patient of hers and get your surgery done with her you may not have to pay anything at all for fills. She is also fairly agressive with her fills which is nice. I got 2ccs in my 10cm band so I am already half-way filled up. Good luck on your surgery!;)

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ariel Ortiz

237/210/150

5'7''

I had my surgery by Dr. Jessee in Nov 2005. She's great! Her work is so important to her that she's actually due to give birth next month and swears she's only going to take a week off so her patients won't be at a loss without her. She's been performing Lap Band for several years now and is one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in this area. She attends a monthly support group meeting in Largo, just down the road from her office. It's a great way to hear what post-op patients have to say about the surgery and you can actually meet her before making the appointment. Next one is March 1, 6:30-8:30 at Athona Methodist Church just south of Suncoast Hospital.

I was a self-pay with Dr. Jessee and what was posted above was true for me ($5000 doc; $12000 hospital; $1000 anesthesia). Dr. Jessee is also now involved with a group of surgeons in the area called Journey Lite. It only caters to self-pay and it is only $15000-15500 and appears to offer payment plans of some sort. They are strictly outpatient, as opposed to mine where I stayed in the hospital for 24 hours. Just another option for you to consider...

I just have to give another set of Kudo's to Dr. Jessee. She has been absolutely fantastic during this whole process, and her staff has been great as well!

The surgery went great and before and after the surgery she has been approachable, a great resource for my questions, and she genuinely cares for all of her patients.:cursing: