Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single manbanders?

I'd like to meet a guy who is going through or has went through the Lapband. It would be nice to have someone who understands what I'm going through and motivate me. I just want someone at the end of the day I can call and talk to about my day and my worries and my diet and it won't bore him. It'd be nice to find someone banded in my area but I there isn't even anyone my age in my support groups. So long distance wouldn't bother me. I live in TN. Born and raised here, open for moving. So if something did evolve I could see a move happening. I'm going to be 27 in September. My Lapband is still in the approval stages with insurance. Just doing all the required stuff at this point. If any man banders are looking for a lady to take this journey with message me or post back :) lets get healthy!!

I'm 26 and live in IL. I'm getting banded on May 21st!

You'll be about a month ahead of me :)

Are you nervous? How's the pre-op diet going?

Its going pretty good! Haven't really had any issues so far and I have lost ten pounds already! Feels really awesome! I'm just ready to get the surgery over and start my new lifestyle!

I know exactly how you feel. I can't wait! I'm just adjusting this diet and tweaking it to fit. I've been using Instagram to connect and get healthy recipes and opinions on what's good Protein wise. It's nice having these support groups. Sometimes it feels like no one around really understands. My family especially. They are all a bunch of skinnies and they eat horrible stuff. My momma is the carb queen of the south. Lol

Yeah I have been on past diets for the past 6+ years and have lost weight and kept it off but then I would fall right off the horse and get right back up and do it again. Yeah the support groups I have been to in the past have really been awesome and the people in the group are about 5-10 years older than me but hearing there experiences was really awesome. I really had to pound alot of info into my family's head and alot of my friends so they could understand why I'm doing this and hows it going to benefit me in the future!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches