Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd Fill and still no restriction :/

I had my 3rd fill on Wednesday. I'm currently at 6.5cc in a 14cc band. I don't feel any difference then my last fill. I can eat anything, but I keep myself away from breads and high calorie foods. I'm feeling very frustrated, I hate the fact that I can still eat whatever I want. I'm hungry just a hour or two after eating and I HATE to eat again in a short amount of time. I just want to be at my "sweet spot" I know it takes time. Just curious as to those with a 14cc band, at what cc did you start to fill restriction??

It takes most people multiple fills before they have adequate Fluid in their band. I know it's frustrating but be patient, it will come.

But keep in mind the band isn't meant to stop you from physically eating anything. It will allow you to go much longer periods of time without hunger (4 or more hours) but it's not the band's job to make you stop eating. So, don't expect the band to stop you from "eating whatever you want".

Have a look at this link, I think it'll help considerably: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes.

Thanks! I'm making good food choices and I've lost 25lbs since march 1st. So I'm happy about that. I just waiting till the time where I do eat and it keeps me full longer then a few hrs. I did get the band with plication so my stomach is smaller which I think is helping me with losing weight.

Thanks! I'm making good food choices and I've lost 25lbs since march 1st. So I'm happy about that. I just waiting till the time where I do eat and it keeps me full longer then a few hrs. I did get the band with plication so my stomach is smaller which I think is helping me with losing weight.

You're doing great! 25 pounds since March 1st is very very good!

And yes, once you have adequate Fluid in your band you won't be hungry for long periods of time. Heck, sometimes I actually miss meals because I forget to eat because I'm not hungry.

It sounds like your doctor isn't giving you enough saline on the fill, but have no suggestions on how to fix that. There seem to be many different methods doctors use to determine how much to give, but I think some are better than others. How did your doctor determine how much to give you?

My doc overfills then has the patient drink Water and slowly takes saline out until the Water starts to go down. It's pretty aggresive compared to some other doctors, but getting restriction seems to not be an issue.

Are you paying for the fills? Usually the first year is free.

I don't have a clue how she determines what amount of saline she puts in. I fill out a form at every fill about how much I'm eating etc. I am not currently paying for fills as it was in my total cost of surgery for the 1st year. I go for another fill next week on the 8th. So I'll see what happens then.

Hi I have a 14cc band also I'm at 10.7cc and still don't feel restricted :( I hear what ur saying. I feel the same

I'm also on 6.5cc on Allergan 14cc omiform band and I feel some restriction. Each person is totally different and people will respond differently to cc's in a band. Just stay focused and a cup of food each meal. You will do great.

Best wishes

I'm trying lol

Sorry Mandy. At least you don't have to pay for the fills. That is a good thing.

Of course the doctor being overly cautious is a good thing in that it's probably less likely to result in a slip. Hang in there! I'll bet you start getting restriction soon.

I felt the same way up until this past Wed. I had surgery on Jan 16th & after the initial swelling went down I could have eaten ANYTHING. I was always hungry. My surgery costs only covered one fill:/ I have paid for 3 out of pocket. I told my dr Wed that they needed to fill me good this time. I am happy to say that I may have finally hit the Green Zone!!!! I have not been hungry at all. Yesterday I ate very little & was satisfied throughout the entire day. I know I hated ppl telling me to be patient but at this point patience is your only hope. Stay strong & know that you will get there.

Thank y'all for your kind words. I'm looking forward to my next fill on Wednesday. I typically get 2cc on each fill so hoping that's what they'll do. I hope you all find restriction soon.

I was banded December 17, 2012 with a 14 oz band. I'm currently at 9 oz and finally feeling at least something. I was getting very discouraged for sure. I didn't get the band to diet and lose the weight on my own. I have some hope now the band will start kicking in and doing its part. I'm down 25 lbs. but guaranteed there was no help from my band.

I also have a 14cc band and was banded in December. I thought I would really be able to tell a difference after this 3rd fill but nothing! My doctor told me to be careful but I still have no problems eating anything I want. Frustrated but staying positive that the band was a good decision. Good luck to you! Maybe our next fill will do the trick!

I was banded December 17, 2012 with a 14 oz band. I'm currently at 9 oz and finally feeling at least something. I was getting very discouraged for sure. I didn't get the band to diet and lose the weight on my own. I have some hope now the band will start kicking in and doing its part. I'm down 25 lbs. but guaranteed there was no help from my band.

I am fairly new to this, having only been banded in January, but one thing that was made VERY clear to me was that 1) if the band is stopping you from eating it's too tight and 2)YOU have to do the work, the band is just a tool, in fact YOU DO HAVE TO DO THIS ON YOUR OWN!

I am really glad sometimes when I read things on here that my doc has a conservative attitude (I only have 5cc in my band) and that they are focused on changing behavior not just shrinking down my stomach.

to the OP: Although you can eat a huge amount, have you tried stopping after 5 bites to see how you feel, then again after 10? Sure I can cram a bunch of food down during a meal, but I don't NEED that much food and I am learning real Portion Control and how much food I need to control hunger not how stretched I can make my pouch. This is a mental game not just a physical one.