Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 15th Surgeries

MandaMom23
Sign in to follow this  

Good luck tomorrow to: akwright68 and Taliegurl!!

18956_good_luck_glitter_graphic_04.gif

Thank you. It is 5:20 a.m. EST and I am sitting here on the couch just exhausted. Yesterday I was an anxiety ridden mess. I am much better this morning and really ready to get this done and start the healing. Thank you everyone for being so supportive and being our rocks when we are ready to fall apart.

I have to be at the hospital by 7 am and have to get the kids ready for school, so off to my mom duties before the big band time occurs. Good luck Talliegurl.

Thinking of you both today!

akwright and taliegirl, how did surgery go? I hope you are both home and resting at this point. Post when you can. Thinking of you.

To update everyone. I went into surgery at 9:00 a.m. Friday and was out by 2:30 p.m. I have not experienced any of the terrible gas symptoms, but I do feel like I have been punched in the stomach a hundred times. After the operation, they were moving me off of the operating room gurney to the rolling gurney. I started hyperventilating and sat right up, they kept trying to hold me down to get the oxygen mask on me, but I was in full anxiety attack mode. I warned them about that before I went in, but they must not have taken me seriously. They gave me a shot in the I.V. and I calmed down. Recovery room was quick and then I went into a private room. I got up to walk about 11:30 and then they had me drink some broth. Last walk was at 2:00 p.m., got 2 shots (1 pneumonia vaccine and 1 antibiotic). I was discharged at 2:30 and walked to my car. My husband was really a trooper through everything. That night I walked through Wal-mart and then went home and crashed. The bed was comfortable till about 1 a.m., then I switched to the recliner.

I really have not had any gas pains like many others have described, but I have continually walked every hour. Tomorrow I have to go back to work and primarily sit all day. I will have to remind myself to get up every hour and walk. I am not hungry for anything. I do keep Water or tea with me at all times and make myself broth every couple of hours to keep some nourishment.

All in all, it has not been a bad experience. I am not trying to over push my body and I am trying to rest as much as possible. I hope the next few days will be progressively better.

Thank you all for being so supportive.

Alita

Glad to hear everything went well! Everyday will get better and better!

Good luck with work tomorrow...I had to take off 2 weeks per my doctor, so I don't go back until this Thursday.

Alita, you posted that you had to go back to work on the 18th. How did that go? I hope you are able to get enough rest to heal up and that you are doing okay. Can't imagine going back to work that soon. You are a trooper.

My first two days back to work were the worst. When you are home you are moving around and dissipating all that gas running through your body. It made me think that I really didn't have that much gas in there - boy was I wrong. My job is mostly from a desk and even though I had sat an alarm for every hour, I was not able to move around the way that I had hoped. The compressing of the swollen stomach really hurt and by 10 a.m. I felt like I had a hard basketball in my belly. It was painful by the end of the day. Day two was better, but I started to feel the gas in my chest and shoulder. Not terrible, but enough discomfort to take it seriously. Each night I have gone for longer and longer walks, so by tonight the gas pains are so much better. The basketball belly is so much better, it is actually squishy.

I would love to eat something other than clear liquid, Jello and blended Soup, but I do not think my stomach is ready for it. I am swollen and the bruises showed up yesterday (why almost a week later I am not sure, but they are here and oh such pretty colors of purple, green and yellow). My doctor's appt. is next Wednesday.

How has everyone done? I really do not think this has been too bad considering some of the other stories that we have heard. I am happy that I have gotten the surgery and look forward to the next steps.

Thank you for asking about me.