Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 4 Surgeries!!!

general_antiope
Sign in to follow this  

HOW exciting... Good Luck ladies.

Remember, as soon as you wake up, get up and get walking... - it made all the difference in the world for me.

Yay!! Good luck ladies!!

So super excited for you ladies. Just a few hours left and then you will be off to the hospital to take the next step in this process of becoming the women you are meant to be. I'm praying that all goes well for my new friends here. May the doctor's hands be steadied and guided to perform well. You will all do great. Remember to please post here when you can.

Happy sleeping through the anesthesia. It is so weird to be talking and then all of a sudden you are awake and can't remember a thing.

Praying for each of you! :)

I'm getting worried. Haven't seen a post from any of today's bandsters. Has anyone else? I'm especially concerned about Kate because she had to have the old one removed and new one in. Wonder if she had too much scar tissue. I really thought she would have posted by now.

Kate, Susan, and Sara, I hope you are all okay. Post when you can. (yeah, I'm a worrier)

Good morning, all. I'm writing from Bandland this morning. My surgery went perfectly and I'm back among the living today. It was a rough night. I couldn't get comfortable and slept for very short periods, but his morning I feel much better.

The banding went very well. I did wake up with some nausea, but that was quickly addressed. I was medicated for pain in the recovery room and did not take anything again until about 11pm. The surgery was just before 10am, lasted for less than an hour and I left the hospital at 3pm. It was a long ride home, about 90 minutes and I was quite exhausted when I got home. I went straight to bed. I'm sitting in a recliner now and I should have done this last night.

The discomfort is quite manageable. I have shoulder and back pain from nerve irritation that occurs during laparoscopic surgery. The only part of my belly that hurts is at the port site, where the largest incision is. I'm doing my deep breathing, as we all should after surgery to prevent any lung issues. Important for me, since I have asthma and recently had a nasty upper respiratory virus.

I'm sipping on Water, diluted grape juice and having sugar-free Jello. Today I'll add some clear Protein Drinks. My surgeon is a strong believer in taking the diet very slowly. He said a lot of healing needs to be done in there. He also says a slow progressing diet can prevent complications.

If there is anything I can help any of you with, just give ma shout out.

Susan

Glad to hear you are doing well, Susan! Each day gets exponentially better. I am actually going to my doc today for a check up and looking forward to getting out of the house. I can't believe it's been 4 days already. I don't know how people return to work on Monday though - I am working from home all week.

Hi Cindy, I posted in the social groups forum instead of our group because I can't access our group on my iPhone (they'll be fixing that soon).

My surgery went well but recovery was a little rough for me. Morphine gives me palpitations and it took 6 hours to find a pain med combo that worked. Vicodin, incidentally, doesn't work for me either.

I stayed overnight because I felt awful. Could barely walk. Each time I got up to pee was better. I'm home now and unfortunately was greeted by my poor husband with the worst flu I've ever seen - he's been throwing up non stop and has severe diarrhea. So severe, I literally barely see him. He's miserable and this is making caring for our 3 month old difficult - I can't do anything. I can get up and make bottles, but she is 16 lbs of chunk. His dad was here yesterday and is sleeping over tonight. he's caring for our daughter but I don't know how we're going to manage tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to get in and out of my tempurpedic...i'm flying solo on medicating myself and keeping up my liquids.< /p>

We'll figure it out.

I'm sanitizing the toilet every time I use it, my husband and I aren't touching at all, and I use hand sanitizer constantly. I hope I don't get his virus. The last thing I need is a slipped band and my doctor 3 hours away, and me in severe pain. Helll noooo.

My doctor came in and saw me in recovery, said my stomach organ was very SKINNY which I was so happy to hear. She said she could have filled the band but chose not to, and I'm glad, cause I need more healing time.

I'm taking Dilaudid, liquid Tylenol and anti nausea stuff. I also have liquid colace which I'm afraid to take as I'm in pain, and I hear it tastes disgusting. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to attempt to make a nest to sleep in and keep my meds close by. Have a good night everyone.

Susan, it sounds as if things are going well for you. That is wonderful! I'm happy to hear that the pain has been manageable. You gave a fairly good summary of what to expect, unless of course we end up with an outcome such as Kate's.

Danielle, 4 days already, time does go quickly. Getting out of the house must have felt great today. What type of work do you do? Good that you can work from home, just remember not to overdo.

Kate, I wondered if the scarring would cause you to have more pain. I don't know if that is it, but it would make sense if he had to "cut" your old band and port out. One tip on getting out of bed is to lay closer to the side and roll out rather than try to sit up. Just don''t go splat on the floor as you roll. Is there something you can put next to the bed that you can grab on to to help pull yourself out rather than using the abdominal muscles? Even a sturdy nightstand to grab the edge of?

Good luck. I still haven't seen anything posted by Sara. I hope she is okay.

sleep well, Kate.

Hi Kate--

I'm thankful your surgery went well. Sorry to hear about your husband being sick. Do you have a friend nearby that can come and help you with the baby? I know your husband isn't much help and getting the flu would be bad for you and the baby.

I'm sending prayers across the pond to you for healing, health of your husband ,and some "helping hands" through this important time!

Blessings!

The prayers must have worked :) I woke up feeling a lot better. I can get up out of bed and lay down, walk, bend over, and am almost 100%. I even held the baby and felt no tugging or pain. I'm only on Aleve right now. I even cooked Breakfast for my father in law because he's been on baby duty for 2 days now with zero complaints.

Day 3 really is a turning point - it's like magic how much better I feel.

I was up from 2 - 5 am with bad gas pains - neck and belly. I finally chewed on some Gas X and BAM! In 20 minutes I started letting gas go from both ends :) hehe. It felt AWESOME. And then I slept hard for an hour before the baby woke up again. I'll nap later today when husband is out of bed....

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty damn good to be honest. I was worried for a little while that this would be a hard recovery.

Cindy, my surgeon didn't say anything about scarring or problems with the surgery, she said it went fine. She says adhesions are unlikely/rare with the tube that was laying loose in my abdomen on my intestines because the silicone is unreactive, so it didn't require anything being cut out. She DID put the new port back in the same spot as the old port. I was too out of it when she came by to ask more about that, but I'll ask her in follow up if she thinks I'll have more leaks/hardware issues. (I better not, because I'm done going through this surgery!) She says the new band I have is 10 ccs and better crafted than the old one.

I think I'll go shower and take a peek at the scale. for 2 days I ate just about nothing. This morning, no nausea and I got down a small cup of coffee, half a can of V8 and a half cup of Protein Shake so far. Even took my Vitamins and calcium...feeling great.

The prayers must have worked :) I woke up feeling a lot better. I can get up out of bed and lay down, walk, bend over, and am almost 100%. I even held the baby and felt no tugging or pain. I'm only on Aleve right now. I even cooked breakfast for my father in law because he's been on baby duty for 2 days now with zero complaints.

Day 3 really is a turning point - it's like magic how much better I feel.

I was up from 2 - 5 am with bad gas pains - neck and belly. I finally chewed on some Gas X and BAM! In 20 minutes I started letting gas go from both ends :) hehe. It felt AWESOME. And then I slept hard for an hour before the baby woke up again. I'll nap later today when husband is out of bed....

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty damn good to be honest. I was worried for a little while that this would be a hard recovery.

Cindy, my surgeon didn't say anything about scarring or problems with the surgery, she said it went fine. She says adhesions are unlikely/rare with the tube that was laying loose in my abdomen on my intestines because the silicone is unreactive, so it didn't require anything being cut out. She DID put the new port back in the same spot as the old port. I was too out of it when she came by to ask more about that, but I'll ask her in follow up if she thinks I'll have more leaks/hardware issues. (I better not, because I'm done going through this surgery!) She says the new band I have is 10 ccs and better crafted than the old one.

I think I'll go shower and take a peek at the scale. for 2 days I ate just about nothing. This morning, no nausea and I got down a small cup of coffee, half a can of V8 and a half cup of Protein Shake so far. Even took my Vitamins and calcium...feeling great.

I just took a shower as well and after two days of nearly no calories, the scale did not budge. I'm probably holding onto fluids, since my Protein intake was nil for those two days. Don't be surprised.