Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just banded!!

Well, I did it. Just got home from the hospital yesterday, and for the exception of some post-anesthesia nausea it was easier than I expected. Care at Abbott-Northwestern absolutely first rate, Dr. Schwartz was fantastic. I have to say that I experienced every emotion and almost felt like "chickening out". So glad I'm done, now on full liquids..........life is good. Good luck to all.........Gabby

Good for you, Gabby! I hope you keep recuperating quickly as well as enjoying your full liquids until you reach the mushy food stage... I see so many postings about people getting sick of the liquid stage very quickly.

Sounds like everything was a huge success. Please keep us posted on your progress. I am pre-band and love to hear as much as I can about other's experiences.

Take Care,

Gabby:

Congrats on getting your band and starting your "band" new life! I'm hoping to have my surgery by mid-February if all goes well. Keep us posted on your progress!

Well, It's early I just got up and pulled off some of the bandaids and took a relaxing bath. It felt soooo good. I'm still not hungry but, can feel my energy start to lag .....so it's time to eat. I left the hospital on full liquids and it is starting to get boring. I'm going to the grocery store this morning and I'm going to pick up lemons,limes and oranges and tangerines, so I can squeeze the juice to flavor my Water. I'm also going to the baby food isle to get fruits and veggies. Everything tastes too sweet to me that drinking juice got old very fast, and I know many of the baby food don't have sugar. I feel the need to find a Protein source, so I'll check them out and let you know. I did eat some cheerios last night, I put them (one or two) in my mouth and let them dissolve then with a drop of water made a paste. I did have some gas (burps) but I found gently patting on my chest really helped. Already I love the band and in this short time I can see and feel a difference. My family all caught that nasty stomach flu and I thought I was getting it yesterday, I had some awful nausea. I called Dr. Schwartz's office and that wondeful man returned my call in minutes, he ordered tigan suppositories and one was all it took. Later that day he called to check on me and also told me that the radiologist at Abbott found that I have a kidney stone. (had some 20 years ago) Can you imagine that! I am more impressed with my doctor and hospital than ever. I must say that it is so different not walking by something and popping it in your mouth just cause it's there. I intend to treat my body like a temple. I have a second chance and a wondeful instrument to help me, I am so thankful. I can't wait to fully recover to tackle life. I can't wait for my energy to surge and I know it's coming. I can't wait to wear clothes not layered to try to cover my weight. I can't wait for water slides, instead of sitting in a chair sweating, watching, wanting so much to be there with my children......I'll be riding with them. I feel my weight has robbed me of so much, and I let it. I have always had vanity, and it has has kept me from so much. I didn't want to be the side-show or the fattest, slowest mom. I have always hid behind my humor ("fat folks are jolly folks") while silently I ached. I look forward to walking by Lane Bryant or Catherines, and into a regular store that will give me the selection and styles I that were not available to me before. Mostly, I look forward to the day my husband will sweep me in his arms ( OK I know I'm getting carried away........the visions of Rhett Butler scooping up Scarlet and carrying her upstairs, but hey, You gotta dream, right?) I'll tell you my secret fantasy..........read on only if your bold and not afraid, fearless and .............. OK........ it's my husband and I riding in a canoe on a moon-lit night across a still water lake.........then I stand and he holds my waist and we embrace..........oh wait, that's the scene from Titanic. Well you get the point and I hope a smile as well. Good luck to you folks with banding dates a coming, I'm here for you. may God bless, Gabby

Hi Gabby,

Congrats and it sounds like your doing beautifully.. I loved reading your last posting and your dreams.. We all share in some sort of dream fantasy.. and we shall all overcome this weight battle. Our fantasy will come true -we can make it happen.

Won't be long and the mushy food will start.. I found egg beaters were wonderful, fish is great.. You just have to experiment.. You will do fine.. Keep posting and let us know how you are.. I was just recently banded on 12-29-03..So i'm still new at this.. Congrats again.. Becky