Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try boosting your calories a bit, say up to 1500 a day. Try eating more Protein daily, and try reducing your carbs (or eat lower glycemic carbs.) Start your day with a Protein shake first thing, to give your metabolism a burst of Protein to work on, so your blood sugars stay balanced. Eat your protein throughout the day, say a few ounces every three hours, rather than in just a few meals. Exercise more, or change up the exercise you're doing now. Get more sleep. Drink more Water. Vary your daily routine and turn things around some. Your body falls into ruts of its own, and once your metabloism is used to what you're giving it, the only way around it is to shake up what you're doing.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!

Dave

How many calories do you eat in a day and how many do you burn? To me it is all calories in/calories out. I think the keys to my weight loss (aside from the band) exercise and Water. I think they both play a huge roll in my progress. If I don't exercise, I don't lose. Also, when I was hungry between meals but did not want a fill my Dr told me to up my water. I upped it to 100 oz. my weight loss kicked into high gear for a while. Good Luck!

I feel your pain... I was banded in Dec. and I am still hovering around the same weight. I'm in the process now of tweeking my calories intake, Water, and exercise. Hopefully this works.

I was losing weight till I started walking, now I have even gained a few pounds back, I am not eating any more, but I am walking about 15 minutes a day 7 in the morning and 7 in the afternoon. I had lost 38 lbs. now nothing. I had my surgery in Sept 29, 2010, but just recently in the last month started walking. I am gradually building up my walks. I have had 4.5 cc fill in my realize band.

Sandy ;/

Remember that non scale victories are good too. All though you may not be losing, by getting more exercise you are going to be gaining muscle. I'm pretty new to this but like Dave said sometimes uping your calorie intake may kick start the losing process again.. Good luck!!

Thank you, I needed that. It is so easy to get discouraged But I wont get discouraged I just have to keep my chin up and work toward my goal no matter how long it takes me to get there. I have always been big, so any weight loss is good.

No idea! You are really still hungry all the time? It's not mental?

Hmm. I'd triple check your diet. I know me, I make excuses oh yea I eat 1200 calories, when some days, that's false, I just pretend I'm not lying to myself. If you are eating 1200 calories a day and exercising, there is no physical reason you aren't losing weight. You can try shaking it up a little bit, eat a little more or a little less, or exercising a little harder.. sometimes your routine is just in a rut.

I would of thought the same thing but I use to walk 3 miles a day, I fell and hurt my leg and had to give it up for a bit, then I got sleep apnea and gained a tremendous amount of weight then surgery for a obstructed hernia and on top of that my mom passed away and my sister passed away with cancer, in the same year, well, enough said, I went through a depression (natural grief depression) and when by the time I started on treatment for sleep apnea and everything my weight was up and I was holding about 40 to 50 lbs of Fluid. I lost 35 lbs fast, then I got the lapband surgery, in all this time around 3 yrs I did not exercise. I believe its muscle building in my legs, unfortunately I might be losing in inches, but muscle weighs more than fat. I believe that is what is happening. I might go over a few times but most the time I try to stay around 1100 to 1200 calories. I do not eat potatoes or rice or bread. mostly meat baked or grilled, salads, and veggies and fruit. I do eat twice a week eggs and bacon, but that is counted in the calories, and I love my select Soup at night or a bowl of Special K Protein Cereal with a banana. snacking is Pistachios and chewing chewing gum. sugar free.

Sandy ;)

Hmm. I'd triple check your diet. I know me, I make excuses oh yea I eat 1200 calories, when some days, that's false, I just pretend I'm not lying to myself. If you are eating 1200 calories a day and exercising, there is no physical reason you aren't losing weight. You can try shaking it up a little bit, eat a little more or a little less, or exercising a little harder.. sometimes your routine is just in a rut.

I am losing but I am losing very, very slowly! I was banded Nov. 4th of 2010 and I have lost only 27 lbs. When I go on this site I just get more depressed because I see everyone losing so much more weight in less the time I am. I feel very down and want to give up. My surgeon actually told me not to exercise. He said, "Exercise doesn't constitute weight loss". However, everyone on this site is exercising in one way or another. People have said that my surgeon does not like to do the band surgery, he likes doing the gastric bypass instead and he wants the lapbanders to fail. He won't be honest when he tells me how much he puts in. I think he takes out more than he puts back in. I am depressed and I have no one to go to. I went to my medical doctor and she got upset with me because she said she would never send me to someone who wasn't qualified, and won't believe anything I say about him or what I have heard from many. I feel like I should just give up because my surgeon really isn't doing anything but charging me every time I go. My insurance doesn't pick up all of the cost and I have to pay $109 every time I go. He told me I have 5 cc's, but I can't trust him. I am at my wits end and just feel like crying all of the time.

I wish for you to start losing. My surgeon also told me that I am only to eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner and NOTHING in between. I guess that is one good thing. Even though it is so hard to do,, he is right.. I read one bandster lost 90 lbs. in 9 months. That is 10 lbs. per month. I am lucky if I lose 3 lbs. per month.

I have 9.5cc fill. I am NOT loosing. I am starving. I am staying under 1200 calories per day. Lean Proteins, veggies, minimal starches/breads. Meeting Protein requirements. I am SO frustrated. Any suggestions??

I wish I was losing to tell you, but dont give up, I am sure there is something to help us lose the weight. I started yesterday counting my calories better, I believe carbs is the secret to better weight loss. Also, I feel better since I started walking, mind you I only walk a total of 15 mins a day thus far, but you have to start somewhere, plus after this weekend I bought a tiny bike thingy that I am going to start using for my legs and I can use it for my arms, I would of already started but I never could figure out how to put those darn pedals on. I am cutting my calories and trying to burn more. And it might be the combination of food we eat. I am going to work on that also. I will let you know.

Sandy ;)

I am losing but I am losing very, very slowly! I was banded Nov. 4th of 2010 and I have lost only 27 lbs. When I go on this site I just get more depressed because I see everyone losing so much more weight in less the time I am. I feel very down and want to give up. My surgeon actually told me not to exercise. He said, "Exercise doesn't constitute weight loss". However, everyone on this site is exercising in one way or another. People have said that my surgeon does not like to do the band surgery, he likes doing the gastric bypass instead and he wants the lapbanders to fail. He won't be honest when he tells me how much he puts in. I think he takes out more than he puts back in. I am depressed and I have no one to go to. I went to my medical doctor and she got upset with me because she said she would never send me to someone who wasn't qualified, and won't believe anything I say about him or what I have heard from many. I feel like I should just give up because my surgeon really isn't doing anything but charging me every time I go. My insurance doesn't pick up all of the cost and I have to pay $109 every time I go. He told me I have 5 cc's, but I can't trust him. I am at my wits end and just feel like crying all of the time.

I wish for you to start losing. My surgeon also told me that I am only to eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner and NOTHING in between. I guess that is one good thing. Even though it is so hard to do,, he is right.. I read one bandster lost 90 lbs. in 9 months. That is 10 lbs. per month. I am lucky if I lose 3 lbs. per month.

This is so true for some people including myself! I will admit I wasn't accurately tracking my calories and was wondering why the scale wasn't moving or bouncing back and forth. Cheating yourself never works! I have been tracking every drink and crumb I put in my mouth since Monday and I have lost 2.8 pounds since then and I have only made it to the gym once. I was going to the gym 4 days a week and didn't lose because I was thinking I wouldn't have to track everything because the extra workouts will cut those calories. I was WRONG!

I have 9.5cc fill. I am NOT loosing. I am starving. I am staying under 1200 calories per day. Lean Proteins, veggies, minimal starches/breads. Meeting Protein requirements. I am SO frustrated. Any suggestions??

Maybe you should try drinking more Water or switch up the type of foods you eat like more fish instead of chicken or vice versa.