Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going June 16th for my consult with the surgeon. I realize ill have to wait after that to find out if im approved...but oh boy. I am anxious. THats alot of time to wonder and worry and wonder and worry :unsure: . I feel so gross about myself right now. and I dont want to gain any weight nor lose too much. So maintaining is where i am right now until i see the surgeon.. And i just am so ready to really get ahold of this weight issue of mine.. UGH.

Can you tell.. Im having one of those --- i feel, look, horriable days . In a funk. Thanks for reading.

i know how you feel!! friday was my first step towards getting the band... i went to my doc and got my blood work.. i have seen so many post about waiting and about having to be under watch for 6 months for weight management.. i dont have alll that time to wait!! i want to start getting healthy and to a normal weight starting now!! who has 6 months or so to just wait around to get healthy it should be no longer then a few weeks!!

keep your head up, i def am trying to!

i know how you feel!! friday was my first step towards getting the band... i went to my doc and got my blood work.. i have seen so many post about waiting and about having to be under watch for 6 months for weight management.. i dont have alll that time to wait!! i want to start getting healthy and to a normal weight starting now!! who has 6 months or so to just wait around to get healthy it should be no longer then a few weeks!!

keep your head up, i def am trying to!

If you are unable to do the 6 month diet plan then you should NOT get this surgery. This surgery is a commitment to lifestyle change. It is NOT the answer but the TOOL to ASSIST you in getting healthy. In the end it is YOU, NOT THE BAND that makes you lose te weight. You need to start changing the food you eat, the food around you, the way you eat. You can start getting healthy and normal without the band first. Yes it is a pain in the ass, yes it is easier said than done...but if you are not willing to do the 6 months...don't get the surgery.

As far as feeling down in the dumps...it is probably the worst thing you can do. Everyone gets them but you need to force positive into your life. You need to make small goals during this time to help that positive reenforcement. If you stay negative, you will then give up...if you give up you won't follow through with what you need to do and in the end will regret what you have done.

Sorry if i sound like i'm lecturing but I kinda have that "You need to pay your due's" attitude when it comes to this. Just cause you are banded does NOT mean you are going to lose weight. You play a bigger part than that band ever will.

If you are unable to do the 6 month diet plan then you should NOT get this surgery. This surgery is a commitment to lifestyle change. It is NOT the answer but the TOOL to ASSIST you in getting healthy. In the end it is YOU, NOT THE BAND that makes you lose te weight. You need to start changing the food you eat, the food around you, the way you eat. You can start getting healthy and normal without the band first. Yes it is a pain in the ass, yes it is easier said than done...but if you are not willing to do the 6 months...don't get the surgery.

As far as feeling down in the dumps...it is probably the worst thing you can do. Everyone gets them but you need to force positive into your life. You need to make small goals during this time to help that positive reenforcement. If you stay negative, you will then give up...if you give up you won't follow through with what you need to do and in the end will regret what you have done.

Sorry if i sound like i'm lecturing but I kinda have that "You need to pay your due's" attitude when it comes to this. Just cause you are banded does NOT mean you are going to lose weight. You play a bigger part than that band ever will.

Gregg,

While I understand what your saying and agree... I never looked at lap banned as anything but a tool. I realize that if or if i do not have this surgery my life has to change dramatically. I have just come to a point in my life were i have exhausted alot of my options and feel the emotional and phsyical burden of "getting no where". As far as your commen on "paying your due's".. Im curious how you come up with that when most people who are educating themselves and looking into Lap Band or any other bariatric surgery... why do you assume they havent "payed their due's" and been through a tough road of emotional and phsyical let down. I realize some people may assume this is a quick fix.. but i am not one of those. SO your right, i dont need to be lectured as far as my purpose for the band or how the band will change my life. I am aware.

And i am sure you were in my shoes at some point. I wish you could only remember what it feels like to be here. Were I am. In my moment of worry and concern. Everyone who at least gets consulted and goes through informaiton sessions and meetings has had this feeling of helplessness and most have exhausted their options. I wish your comments weren't so judgemental.

THanks for reading though.

Gregg,

While I understand what your saying and agree... I never looked at lap banned as anything but a tool. I realize that if or if i do not have this surgery my life has to change dramatically. I have just come to a point in my life were i have exhausted alot of my options and feel the emotional and phsyical burden of "getting no where". As far as your commen on "paying your due's".. Im curious how you come up with that when most people who are educating themselves and looking into Lap Band or any other bariatric surgery... why do you assume they havent "payed their due's" and been through a tough road of emotional and phsyical let down. I realize some people may assume this is a quick fix.. but i am not one of those. SO your right, i dont need to be lectured as far as my purpose for the band or how the band will change my life. I am aware.

And i am sure you were in my shoes at some point. I wish you could only remember what it feels like to be here. Were I am. In my moment of worry and concern. Everyone who at least gets consulted and goes through informaiton sessions and meetings has had this feeling of helplessness and most have exhausted their options. I wish your comments weren't so judgemental.

THanks for reading though.

I was responding to Kami when it comes to the band as a tool and wasn't refering to you. I am merely stating that the 6 month diet is to prove that you can change your life style. My doctor would refuse to do the surgery on anyone not having enough commitment to change themselves for 6 months. Wasn't towards your original response but to theirs. You can have a tough road of emotional and physical past...Pretty much everyone has that....I really don't have much "sympathy" for it but rather understanding and a "want" to push past that. The "pay your dues" is a Doctor reviewed diet that Shows the surgeon that you have what it takes to take this journey. That is what I mean by paying dues. This isn't a quick fix which i know you know but some people believe that and it aggrivates me to high heaven when I hear people say: "oh ill just get bypass or the band and ill be fine". I've heard that way too many times doing speeches for the band and I tell them to forget it if they are going to use that mentality going into it. I'm more of a realist than an optimist or pessimist and that's just simply stating the facts on how i feel.

After you get banded and you start losing the weight. You will realize you were never really "out of options" but rather...couldn't truly see the options before you...trust me on that. You will realize that what you may have thought was "trying" was a shadow of an attempt of your accomplishments post surgery. This isn't saying that what you are doing now is wrong but when you finally see the big picture you will be more than happy to stick to the new lifestyle.

I am not being judgemental towards you but rather the statements that people sometimes make. My only thing that i said to you in my original post is to make small goals and keep positive reenforcement in your life. If you get down, it hinders you and you need to move past it and move on. Worrying only brings on anxiety and depression and it isn't a good thing when you are preparing to get surgery. That was my main focus for you.

Everything else was towards the "why wait 6 months i want it now" statement that makes it sound like they are Veruca Salt from willy wonka and the chocolate factory.

its not that im not committing to change my life style and my whole life for that matter i know how to eat and i do my best but i have already been to a nutritionist when i was pregnant i was taught how to eat and what to eat and how much of this food group i should eat. i have waited all my life for something to help me loose weight and i never was able to due to money situations. all my life i have tried to do the fab diet, eat healthy, go to the gym, work with a trainer, nothing ever worked. all my problems i have physical stop me from exercising the way i need to be. that all im saying is we go through all this for so long and instead of looking at all that the insurance companies just want to prolong your time to a healthier you. i feel like they are hoping you wont go through your 6 months so they dont have to pay for it

its not that im not committing to change my life style and my whole life for that matter i know how to eat and i do my best but i have already been to a nutritionist when i was pregnant i was taught how to eat and what to eat and how much of this food group i should eat. i have waited all my life for something to help me loose weight and i never was able to due to money situations. all my life i have tried to do the fab diet, eat healthy, go to the gym, work with a trainer, nothing ever worked. all my problems i have physical stop me from exercising the way i need to be. that all im saying is we go through all this for so long and instead of looking at all that the insurance companies just want to prolong your time to a healthier you. i feel like they are hoping you wont go through your 6 months so they dont have to pay for it

The point of the surgery is a tool to help you lower your eating habits. Obviously if we are still overweight, we are not committing to a diet and exercise regime that allows us to lose weight. The band doesn't magically make you lose weight (i know you know this)...but it is a tool to DECREASE the urge and amount that we eat. You said you have learned all this yet still have gained weight. Unfortunately i do not believe that you learned what is optimal and correct in your life. Not saying anything is wrong with that. I was unable to see it when i was overweight. After the surgery i finally got to the point where i knew what was too much and what i knew was too little and have had the band loosened and eat even less because i NOW know what is a "reasonable" amount. Obviously you are eating more than you need and this is a diet that the surgeons put you on to show your determination. It also shows insurance companies they aren't waisting their time and money. People have gotten this surgery and gained weight and have continued to eat poorly.

Now I really can't sympathize with waiting for insurance. I saved and put away and financed my surgery and paid it off on my own. So i really can't say anything about insurance since well...I found ways to make it work. Doesn't mean that works for everyone but when I sought out to do this, I planned about 4 years in advance and made sure i knew what it was gonna take. I was lucky i was able to do that and doesn't mean you are not prepared but we are at different parts of our financial lives.

One last thing:

The physical aspect i can see being a struggle with weight loss. Being unable to workout will hinder the outcome. Just remember that the band will not be a magician in your weightloss. You will not see optimal results with a lack of physical activity. So i hope you know that going in that if you are unable to work out, it will have a negative effect on your weight loss...just plan math. You burn off more than you put in...you lose weight.

Some people might find what i say offensive or rude...I am a person that likes to just say the facts straight out so you know whats going on. I don't like pussyfooting around subjects and "Sensitivity" when it has been given for most of my life. I find it best works for me to get a swift kick in the ass and realize the situation i am in and to be able to address it as such.