Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutritionist/Support group in Dallas area?

I'm to the point where I feel like if I'm going to be successful that I need to find a nutritionist and/or a support group.

I live an hour north of Dallas but am more than willing to drive in to Dallas to attend one.

Anybody know?

I was banded in Mexico so I'm not really able to attend my Dr's support group! :)

Thanks!

Ruthie,

Go to obesityhelp.com. On the top right corner you will see support group information there so click on it and see what is in your area.

Josephine

Ruthie, Dr Jayaseelan has a support group that meets at Medical City Dallas once a month on the first Thursday (I believe). Check on it on his website www.texaslapbandcenter.com or call his office 972-763-0033. Medical City Dallas is at Central Expressway and Forrest Lane, just south of the High Five.

Ruthie, I was just at Dr Jayaseelan's office yesterday and the support group meets the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in the cafe area at Medical City Dallas. That's in Building A. MsJoy and I will be there on the 2nd of February. Medical City Dallas is just south of the High 5 on Central Expressway, take the Forrest Lane exit and (for you) turn right on Forrest. Go to the next light and turn right, take the next right into Medical City.

Maybe with all of us north of Dallas on this board, we should just find a way to get together ourselves?? I'm in McKinney..

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and the information!!! I really appreciate it!!

Leatha, I would love a North Texas support group. I'm in the Sherman/Denison area but go to McKinney several times a week. I wonder how we would go about getting something going or finding out if there is something already established.

I love McKInney. I would LOVE to live there.... I was there yesterday and just think it's so pretty.

Well, most of the other groups just get together at some restaurant somewhere about once a month. The one I visited really didn't even do anything too formal, it was more a get-together for banded folks to fellowship with other like themselves.

I know there are some folks mostly from ObesityHelp.com who meet in Carrollton. I know some from the Yahoo Group DFWBandsters have several dinners in different areas of the metroplex at different times each month.

I'm afraid I'm not great at being the organizer of such things and with my work, I can't commit to being there all the time, either, but I'd be happy to meet up when I could if we could establish a time and place.

I'll see what I can find about groups that are already getting together in Yahoo Groups.

This comes from the DFW Bandster Calendar. As it is a broadcasted invitation. I hope there is no problem with sharing it with lapbandtalk.com bandsters interested in local support groups.

To RSVP, Charlie would need to be contacted through the Yahoo Group DFW Bandsters

Arlington Bandster dinner

Date:Thursday January 19, 2006Time:6:30 pm - 9:00 pmAuthor:glenrosianRepeat:This event repeats on the third Thursday of every month.Type:Dinner Reminder:There are reminders set for 3 days and 6 days before this event.Location:

Mercado Juarez Mexican Restaurant, 2222 Miller Rd.., Arlington, TX

Street:

2222 Miller Rd.

City/State/Zip:

Arlington, TX

Phone:

817-649-3324

Please RSVP to Charlie so we can have enough tables set up. Miller Rd. is a half circle off Ave "J", 1 block east of N. Ballpark Way and approx. 6 blocks west of SH-360. Coming N. on SH-360 take the Ave "J" exit and turn left over the bridge. Coming South on SH-360 take the Ave "K"/Ave "J" exit and turn right on Ave "J"

Thanks, Leatha...Arlington is out of my beaten path. Like you, with work and DD's activities, I am not always reliable for support group meetings. Weekday evenings are just pretty much "no". I do like finding out about these activities, just in case, though!

Band Buddies Saturday lunch

Date:Saturday February 4, 2006Time:2:00 pm - 5:00 pmAuthor:glenrosianRepeat:This event repeats on the first Saturday of every month.Type:Lunch Reminder:There are reminders set for 2 days and 7 days before this event.Location:

Aparicio's Restaurante Mexicano & Tequila Bar, 1001 E. 18th St., Plano, TX

Street:

1001 E. 18th Street

City/State/Zip:

Plano, TX

Phone:

972-423-6980

Aparicio's Restaurante Mexicano & Tequila Bar is located 3 blocks east of Central Expressway on 18th Street in Plano, TX (or 1 block west of Ave "K". Restaurant sits on the immediate east side of the DART railroad treacks. food is delicious and the service is accomodating and efficient. The fellowship is the best!!!

Dallas Bandster dinner

Date:Thursday February 9, 2006Time:6:30 pm - 9:00 pmAuthor:glenrosianRepeat:This event repeats on the second Thursday of every month.Type:Dinner Reminder:There are reminders set for 9 days and 14 days before this event.Location:

Jason's Deli, 10220 E. Technology Blvd., Dallas, TX

Street:

10220 E. Technology Blvd.

City/State/Zip:

Dallas, TX

Phone:

214-904-8200

Please RSVP to Charlie so we will know about how many to expect. This Jason's Deli is at 10220 East Technology Blvd. The street is just west of I-35E to the left off of W. Northwest Highway. Jason's is behind Bennigans & another couple of restaurants.

Hey guys -

If we do something in McKinney - I will be there!! I think having an LBT meeting would be cool! Evening (late-ish) or weekends work.

:]