Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help

Hello Im Amber 23 From the UK, I'm weighing in at 324 pounds with a BMI of 55 and standing 5ft 6" - Im in some serious need of Advice. I have been considering a Gastric Bypass Band for nearly 2 years And have been trying to diet since i was 13. I have consulted my GP on many occasions and has sent many requests to the NHS to be considered for the surgery. Every request ( about 6 of them ) have been declined with the reason being " i am to over weight for the procedure ', even though i read that NHS must consider applicants with a BMI over 35. Now, I am considering in taking matters into my own hands and getting the procedure done abroad. Over the last 2 months i have done much research, have read the ups and downs, patients journeys but have also read the " gone wrong" surgerys which is one of my worries.

Last week i attempted to make contact with Someone for more advise from Frenchcosmeticsurgery.com, A lady called Tullia Law has sent me many emails, the latest one stating who my surgeon is ( Dr. Philip Vanden Borre) And what hospital i will be in ( Stedelijk ziekenhuis roeselare, Brugsesteenweg 90, 8800 roesekare, Belgium) . I find her very pushy even before any real contact has been made and i still have not received the advise i was after. Im worried of scams, i dont now who to trust as like many i dont want to part with any money for them to do a runner and never to be seen again.

Another website i have seen and have a little more confidence in is belgiumsurgeryservices.com. Id really appreciate if anyone could tell me if they have been down this websites route and how did they find it? Id like to know before i make contact as i dont want to email them just to be bombarded with more emails

Does anybody know about a doctor called Chris DeBruyne?

Id really appreciate any info, tips, advise etc On this procedure

Amber :)

Hello Im Amber 23 From the UK, I'm weighing in at 324 pounds with a BMI of 55 and standing 5ft 6" - Im in some serious need of Advice. I have been considering a Gastric Bypass Band for nearly 2 years And have been trying to diet since i was 13. I have consulted my GP on many occasions and has sent many requests to the NHS to be considered for the surgery. Every request ( about 6 of them ) have been declined with the reason being " i am to over weight for the procedure ', even though i read that NHS must consider applicants with a BMI over 35. Now, I am considering in taking matters into my own hands and getting the procedure done abroad. Over the last 2 months i have done much research, have read the ups and downs, patients journeys but have also read the " gone wrong" surgerys which is one of my worries.

Last week i attempted to make contact with Someone for more advise from Frenchcosmeticsurgery.com, A lady called Tullia Law has sent me many emails, the latest one stating who my surgeon is ( Dr. Philip Vanden Borre) And what hospital i will be in ( Stedelijk ziekenhuis roeselare, Brugsesteenweg 90, 8800 roesekare, Belgium) . I find her very pushy even before any real contact has been made and i still have not received the advise i was after. Im worried of scams, i dont now who to trust as like many i dont want to part with any money for them to do a runner and never to be seen again.

Another website i have seen and have a little more confidence in is belgiumsurgeryservices.com. Id really appreciate if anyone could tell me if they have been down this websites route and how did they find it? Id like to know before i make contact as i dont want to email them just to be bombarded with more emails

Does anybody know about a doctor called Chris DeBruyne?

Id really appreciate any info, tips, advise etc On this procedure

Amber :)

I just typed her name into the computer, Everything you said about her seems legit. It says shes one of the most experienced band drs. in Europe. Located I believe 5 miles frlom Brussels, she comes to the U.K. once a week for follow up and fills. I'd do a little more research on her, she seems like a good choice at first glance. Her coming to U.K. once a week would be convenient for you. It said the cost was 4100 plus Euros.

Good luck!

I am booked with the same surgeon through the same Tullia Law. I have been naive and paid a large deposit to this person, she is very pushy and bombards you with calls and emails, she claims the price is going to go up to get you to pay, she rushes you through the whole process and in the excitement you do silly things, she says you can pay in installments then constantly calls asking you when you are paying the rest of the deposit. I started to get wary so I researched things (should have done this before!) and there are a few complaints about cancelled surgeries and things going wrong, 1 claimed she is a fraudster...I seriously hope this is not the case, this is a lot of money to me and I have scrimped and saved for this. I amn not saying this isn't a genuine service, i'm pretty sure it is, but her conduct isn't the best from what i've seen so far! I have also found she is an agent, NOT the receptionist of the hospital like I naively believed, she makes a cut off the money...if you book your surgery direct with the surgeon not only can you choose your own but you can get it cheaper. I have also emailed her to say I would like to choose my own surgeon not have one assigned to me as I have never even heard of Dr Vanden Borre and google searches bring up nothing. I will be going with Chris De bryune or I want a refund and they can keep the extortionate £300 admin fee too, i'd rather have my health!

I am booked with the same surgeon through the same Tullia Law. I have been naive and paid a large deposit to this person, she is very pushy and bombards you with calls and emails, she claims the price is going to go up to get you to pay, she rushes you through the whole process and in the excitement you do silly things, she says you can pay in installments then constantly calls asking you when you are paying the rest of the deposit. I started to get wary so I researched things (should have done this before!) and there are a few complaints about cancelled surgeries and things going wrong, 1 claimed she is a fraudster...I seriously hope this is not the case, this is a lot of money to me and I have scrimped and saved for this. I amn not saying this isn't a genuine service, i'm pretty sure it is, but her conduct isn't the best from what i've seen so far! I have also found she is an agent, NOT the receptionist of the hospital like I naively believed, she makes a cut off the money...if you book your surgery direct with the surgeon not only can you choose your own but you can get it cheaper. I have also emailed her to say I would like to choose my own surgeon not have one assigned to me as I have never even heard of Dr Vanden Borre and google searches bring up nothing. I will be going with Chris De bryune or I want a refund and they can keep the extortionate £300 admin fee too, i'd rather have my health!

I had a call from Tullia Law This evening and she stated that the price needed to be paid today as the offer ends Tomorrow - Something negative shouts out to me about this lady - I think im going to avoid. Id rather speak to or be in direct contact with my consultant/surgeon rather than an agent....

Hello everyone,

I have also been thinking about going for surgey with these people.

Something didnt seen quite right to me, the website does not look very profetional so thought i would do some research before handing over my cash.

I am 26 from UK and i weight around 336lb and im 5"7' but in hampshire where i live, im classed as being not heavy enough to have the sugery on the NHS, you have to have bmi over 60 here.

The price of going with this company is currently £3,750 as of yesterday when i made contact with them. it sounds almost to good to be true and this also includes hotel stay. The cost in england is £7000+ so it would be a huge saving and i could manage to scrape this together.

Kitkat-chunky how would i go about booking direct with the surgery?

Many Thanks

Jo

welcome to LBT.....sorry I can't answer specifics to your UK questions. Here in the US we have come to associate any individual who is pushy or offering some kind of "CASH NOW" deal with some kind of questionable set up. In general, ALL surgery including WLS requires careful consideration, consultation, and evaluation both of the patient and BY the patient of the facility and surgeon they want to use. I would personally avoid any pushy sales pitches and make absolute sure that any I deal with is reputable and has both qualification and good reputation. Good luck to all.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to contact you out of the blue, but I'm interested in your posts about Tullia Law.

I'm a radio current affairs journalist at the BBC and would be really keen to have a chat with you about your experiences. This can be completely off the record if you would prefer.

Please do message me back with the best number for you and a convenient time to call. I'm hannah.barnes1@bbc.co.uk

Thanks. Best Wishes,

Hannah

I live in australia and we deal directly with sergons. In melbourne at the bariatric centre it costs$3400 aussie dollars. That is for the procedure, follow up care for life includining fills and further surgery if ever needed, dietican. Basically everything WE need.

welcome to LBT.....sorry I can't answer specifics to your UK questions. Here in the US we have come to associate any individual who is pushy or offering some kind of "CASH NOW" deal with some kind of questionable set up. In general' date=' ALL surgery including WLS requires careful consideration, consultation, and evaluation both of the patient and BY the patient of the facility and surgeon they want to use. I would personally avoid any pushy sales pitches and make absolute sure that any I deal with is reputable and has both qualification and good reputation. Good luck to all.[/quote']

I understand you can get it done in Belgium for a bout $ 8000 us ( sorry I do nt know equivenent English pounds or euros)

Sorry this was posted by mistake, I can't delete on my phone so will remove shorty

Please see post below :)

I understand you can get it done in Belgium for a bout $ 8000 us ( sorry I do nt know equivenent English pounds or euros)

This post is quite old now but I did go on to have my surgery about 21 months ago by Dr chris in Belgium and not the company recommended by ms law.

It cost me roughly $5685 if google converter is correct