Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SURGERY IN MEXICO

Has anyone had surgery in Mexico? How did it turn out? I hear that the cost is anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of what it costs here in the states. I still have about 30 lbs to go, but am looking for the right place at the right price to have a total body lift. Thanks for any input.

I had my band surgery in PV Mexico and plan to also have my boobs and tummy done at the same Hospital...it is way cheaper and I have met people and saw their tummy's done by the plastic surgeon and they look fantastic!!!

Do you mind telling us is it cheaper in Mexico like the Band? If so how about a ball park figure? I am 50 and know I could never afford it in US. If things ever get better in Mexico maybe but not with things like they are, but I would love to know price. A person can dream. Please be careful if you go back.

Cheri

I am currently in Tijuana after having a lower body lift. I have lost 130 lbs and needed some work done. After months of internet research, i chose Dr Quiroz in Tijuana and have been so glad I did! The lower body lift was $4,800 plus airfare. I am staying at an aftercare facility called casa de lilas and that was the best decision. There are aids available 24/7 to do dressing changes, help with showering all for $120/day total and that includes amzing home cooked food. The surgery center was immaculate-i am a nurse so I knew what to look for. All of the cosmed clinic staff spoke english fluently and helped with everything I needed. Choose your surgeon and surgery center carefully=Dr Quiroz is licensed in Mexico and in the USA. Good luck wish I had started this journey years ago!!

Has anyone ever used the Perfection Medical Spa in Cancun? I am considering this for a TT and Arm lifts. I had my LapBand surgery in Tijuana, Mexico and had a very pleasant experience. I was wondering if anyone that had used this facility would be willing to share experiences, both positive and negative. If not this facility, do you have recommendations for other Mexican facilities?

DRP

I'm so glad I happened upon these posts. Do you have your initial consult in Mexico first or can that be done over the computer?

Thank you for the information!

Hi Cheri, I got my surger done in Mexico not long ago, I feel that the media exaggerates, but if you only go to take care of business and back there is not problem. I paid 6k for my band in Mexico, the Dr. has been great and most of his clients are from the US. feel free to search for Dr. Francisco Gonzalez, Tijuana.

Do you mind telling us is it cheaper in Mexico like the Band? If so how about a ball park figure? I am 50 and know I could never afford it in US. If things ever get better in Mexico maybe but not with things like they are, but I would love to know price. A person can dream. Please be careful if you go back.

Cheri

I am currently in Tijuana after having a lower body lift. I have lost 130 lbs and needed some work done. After months of internet research, i chose Dr Quiroz in Tijuana and have been so glad I did! The lower body lift was $4,800 plus airfare. I am staying at an aftercare facility called casa de lilas and that was the best decision. There are aids available 24/7 to do dressing changes, help with showering all for $120/day total and that includes amzing home cooked food. The surgery center was immaculate-i am a nurse so I knew what to look for. All of the cosmed clinic staff spoke english fluently and helped with everything I needed. Choose your surgeon and surgery center carefully=Dr Quiroz is licensed in Mexico and in the USA. Good luck wish I had started this journey years ago!!

I spoke to Dr. Quiroz by phone and also some of his staff. They seemed so caring and as you said spoke fluent English. At the time I chose not to travel to Mexico but only because I found a DR here in Houston that was going to charge just a little more. I have 4 children and it would be hard for me to arrange for someone to care for them while I was gone.

If I do decide to travel to Mexico for surgery in the future I will be seeing Dr. Quiroz!!