Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else do this?

I PB nearly every day - mostly in the evenings. I do fine all day at work - Breakfast, lunch, snack, but when it comes time for supper, more times than most I get a couple of bites down and then PB several times while trying to eat. It isn't stressful or anything, usually. Just up it comes. Can someone tell me if this is harmful? I'm hoping not, since I do it so frequently. thanks to all!

Yup, it's harmful. The pressure of throwing up too much can dilate your pouch and you can lose your band. (I know because it happened to me)

Try "priming" your pouch by drinking first, then having something soft then going for the solid food, very slowly. Take tiny bites chew well, etc. Don't drink with your meal or for an hour after (that can make you PB).

Above all, listen to your body and stop before that "too full" feeling. You may also try doing a bit of walking around the room between bites to slow yourself down a bit.

Good luck!

I've had the same question. Since my last fill a month ago, I pb everyday as well. I can't figure out if it's behavioral, or if my band is too tight. It is confusing because sometimes I can eat fine, other times it comes right back up. Frustrated!

I have been pbing everyday since my last fill 1week ago, i am so frustrated.grrrrr ... I'm going in for a unfill to see if that helps. I've had my band 11months and have never felt this gross.

I've had the same question. Since my last fill a month ago, I pb everyday as well. I can't figure out if it's behavioral, or if my band is too tight. It is confusing because sometimes I can eat fine, other times it comes right back up. Frustrated!

This is exactly how I am. One time I can eat something fine, and another time, same food, and it just comes right back up. What is strange is that I almost never do this all day when I am at work . . . :) It isn't throwing up in any sense - just PBing. Sometimes if I wait a while, I can continue eating, and sometimes no matter how many times I try and finish eating, it just keeps coming back up! It isn't painful, and doesn't seem to be harming me, as this has been going on (off and on) for months, and isn't affecting my band (thank goodness!)

It can be normal on an infrequent basis, but if it continues you might want to check with doctor. You also want to see how close your meal is with your lunch, what you choose to have for dinner and are you drinking with your meal. Maybe after having two meals already, you may still have some in the pouch so you may only need a few bites. Try taking a bite, chew really, really well, wait and if ok, take another. If you are eating a heavy lunch, maybe eat a little less or something lighter. Remember food stays in the pouch longer so it could just be your are still full from lunch. But again, if it continues you might want to check with doc to make sure not too tight

If you are doing it all the time, yes it is harmful. Are you eating slow, small bites. Taking 20-30 minutes to eat? What are you eating? Also this is a sign that you are too tight. Being too tight is harmful too. Best bet go see your doctor.

What does PB mean?

What does PB mean?

PB is Productive burping. It is similiar to throwing up, but not - if food doesn't want to go down, it sometimes just comes back up before going all the way into the stomach.

I really don't think I'm overly full, as I can eat breakfast and lunch with no problem, and sometimes dinner also - it's really strange. Thanks to all for the replies! :scared2: