Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering Brachioplasty - advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering Brachioplasty. Had anyone had it done? Can you tell me about the cost, scarring and pain involved? :thumbup:

Thanks!

On April 22nd I had a Brachioplasty and a Breast reduction - I had no pain whatsoever - I cant talk to you aboutcost as I am in UK - But I have to say I am SO happy with my results and next year I will be wearing all the lovely little tops I always thought I would not be able to wear.

The scars look nasty to start with but they soon go to a red line and in a yar I will have a white line or an invisibe line and I am soooooooooooooooooo happy I did it :-)

On April 22nd I had a Brachioplasty and a Breast reduction - I had no pain whatsoever - I cant talk to you aboutcost as I am in UK - But I have to say I am SO happy with my results and next year I will be wearing all the lovely little tops I always thought I would not be able to wear.

The scars look nasty to start with but they soon go to a red line and in a yar I will have a white line or an invisibe line and I am soooooooooooooooooo happy I did it :-)

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad you had a successful surgery. So far I've only heard nightmares and people saying they are sorry they did it. :thumbup: I want more than anything to get rid of the flab that waves on forever and fit comfortably into a blouse or not be embarassed to wear sleeveless tops. I've heard the pain is aweful... I've heard the scars are 2" wide and look horrible. I posted on here hoping to hear from people like yourself and possibly see before and after photos. I am also hoping someone from my area can reply with a PS recommendation.

~ Lynn

My scars today are a red line (its not long since april lol)

They are an angry looking raised red line but - when they took the dressings off that first day they looked like a riht mess of blanket stitch and it really freaked me out! but 4 days after the dressings were off it already looked better.

They are about the width of wool maybe - not 2 inches wide thats for sure. LOL

i had very little bruising after the op - no pain and my arms look normal for the first time in so long I can wave and not feel horrid.

Mimi on here has taken some pics that are in her album she had her op i Jan/Feb i think it was. She helped me so much talking me thrugh the bits I was worried about - She has been a godsend.

I know my arms were 11.25 before the surgery and are 10inches around the bicep now :-)

Good luck if you choose to do it - I am so very glad I did :-)

I too am ready for this procedure- I live in Fla. I have been to 2 different plastic surgeons. One was 6500.00 the other was 3500. Because of my size I will need 2 surgeries- 1 now and the other when I plateau and have lost all my weight. Because of my size they have both said that a different approach would be needed to remove the amount of skin that I need to have gone. I am hoping to get another opinion and go from there. I also have friends that have gone to the carribean for "plastic-cation" as I call it and I want to look into that as well.

Right now the $$ is an issue- and the rates may change again in January so I havent made any decisions. I have so much more to loose and so many other surgeries to consider- it is all a bit overwhelming- I am trying now to just focus on weight loss and am with a personal trainor for toning.

I had the operation in April and am very pleased. It cost me a total of 6200.00 which included everything even an overnight stay at hosptial. No pain at all for me. I wanted this done more than tummy and boobs which I had done earlier this year. Am pleased with that oo.

I too am ready for this procedure- I live in Fla. I have been to 2 different plastic surgeons. One was 6500.00 the other was 3500. Because of my size I will need 2 surgeries- 1 now and the other when I plateau and have lost all my weight. Because of my size they have both said that a different approach would be needed to remove the amount of skin that I need to have gone. I am hoping to get another opinion and go from there. I also have friends that have gone to the carribean for "plastic-cation" as I call it and I want to look into that as well.

Right now the $$ is an issue- and the rates may change again in January so I havent made any decisions. I have so much more to loose and so many other surgeries to consider- it is all a bit overwhelming- I am trying now to just focus on weight loss and am with a personal trainor for toning.

Hi Lisa Marie,

Money is an issue for me too. :thumbup: I'm hoping someone from my area (Connecticut) will read through these and provide me with some insight as well. I'm so nervous from hearing some stories but at the same time encouraged by reading the good stories!

I'm sucha baby! :confused:

Hi dfav...

Where are you located? That's not such a bad price if it included the hospital overnight!

I live in Southern Indiana, right across the river from Louisville, KY, had the surgery down at Clark Memorial, great hosptial, in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

STARS, Here is the break down for the arm lift:

935.00 Anethiesoligist

1937.48 Hosptial Services (oper room & 23 hr room stay) 3200.00 Plasic Surgeon

6072.48 Total

Edited by dfav3412

I don't know if you will see this or not - But here are pics of my scars at just 8 weeks post op

(If the pics do not show right click on the pic and get the properties and copy the address (url) and paste that into a window and you will see it that way)

z214228824.jpg

z214228823.jpg

Edited by SueHam

Re: Pic above - It was hard to get a clear pic so my arm is behind me which seems to make the scar arc - When your arm is normal the line is pretty straight like the one below at 4 weeks Post Op

(If the pics do not show right click on the pic and get the properties and copy the address (url) and paste that into a window and you will see it that way)

b213529871.jpg

And... My before pic...

b210427650.jpg

And if the above pic at 4 weeks freaks you out - That was the day I had all dressings off - And... four days later - It looked so much better... Pic below is 4 weeks 4 days Post Op...

b213687320.jpg

And...

Just took some more pics at 11 weeks Post Op today...

m214970422.jpg

m214970424.jpg

Edited by SueHam

Hi Sue..

None of the pictures can be seen. :thumbup: Maybe if you upload them to your profile and make an album? I wish I could see your results!

Lynn

I live in Southern Indiana, right across the river from Louisville, KY, had the surgery down at Clark Memorial, great hosptial, in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

Wow... that's not as bad as I thought. I hope I can find someone here in CT that is comparable!

Thanks!

Poop!

If you right click on them and get the properties at bottom copy the address (url) - Open a second window you will be able to paste the image address back in to a new window and see them one by one......

*EDIT*

I think I fixed it now........... Hopefully?

Edited by SueHam