Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jesse Lopez

I just wanted to let anyone in Missouri that is looking for a doctor that I used Dr. Jesse Lopez in Lenexa, Kansas. I had surgery the 7th of november and everything went excellent. The surgery center he used is by far the best medical establishment I have been to. If you need info just message me.

-Debra

I also had my surgery with Dr. Lopez on Nov 7. I have been very happy so far and your right the surgery center was very very clean and the nurses were very nice. I was hoping I made the right decision and I believe I did.

Dr. Lopez is who I am going to as well. I got my approval letter the day before Thanksgiving so am waiting to schedule surgery.

Questions to you who have used Dr. Lopez:

1. Did you have to stay overnight in the hospital?

2. Does he have his new center opened?

3. If not, which hospital did you choose?

Thanks for helping me out here. I have a million questions for you!

Sherry

Hey Sherry,

Congratulations on your approval!!! What a Thanksgiving treat for you!

I had to stay overnight because I live about 3 hours away. I went to the Heartland Spine and Specialty Hospital http://www.hssh.org/, they are VERY GOOD and it is a very nice, modern facility. They took wonderful care of me. It is honestly the best facility that I have ever used.

I must say this was all very easy, the surgery and stay, so don't let yourself get 'too' nervous.

-Debra

Hahaha, I think I'm more excited than nervous but I'm sure that will hit me eventually. One more ???, how long did it take you to get your surgery scheduled after you got your approval? Just wondering if I should be expecting to do it before Christmas or not. Either way is just fine with me, but I'm wondering what to tell my boss! Also, how long were you off work/unable to drive??? These are a few of the 'little things' I've kept forgetting to ask!

Thanks a BUNCH! We should get together and say hello sometime, I'm in KC a lot.....it's where we shop from where I'm at!

Well, it took me a little bit to get back in to see Dr. Lopez for my final o.k.. That was more my fault than his, our schedules were not meshing due to the fact that I was really busy. After I saw him, we set up surgery for two weeks later.

I am lucky enough to stay home with my children, so I did not have to worry about the 'job' thing. They did however tell me no work for two weeks when I was going through the discharge directions, that included lifting my son who is over the 20 lb. limit. As far as driving, I forgot to ask too, I just started driving after I went in for my post-op appointment.

It would be great to get together sometime. There were three other people in the hospital that had surgery the same day I did, but I did not visit with anyone. I was just so focused on the change I had just made and resting before I went home.

-Debra

Wow, well, they are supposed to call me on Monday to set up my meeting w/ the Doc so I will plan for surgery before Christmas just in case.

Has the lifestyle change been hard for you? I know it's going to be a huge adjustment for me as well as my hubby and kids, but they are all so supportive. (The only ones not supportive are my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, they are over-weight as well and not having luck w/ losing and keeping it off.)

I think I worry more about 'can I do this' as in the after part rather than the actual surgery. But I'm sure I'll learn all the 'do's and dont's' soon enough!

Hugs, Sherry

Hi!

Wanted to see what you ladies have been being told about Dr.Lopez and his 'disappearance' from the scene at Mid-West Institute of Bariatric Surgery. I started a thread in the support forum about being frustrated w/ having to wait so long to get a call from this clinic. I just wanted to check w/ you all that are using the facility and see how your after-care is going, how you like the facility, the PA's, the office staff. I have to make my decision to stay or find a new clinic and after all this I have concerns and wanted to ask.

Thanks,

Sherry

Just got home from an appointment to see Dr. Lopez. I am thrilled to have met him and have my surgery scheduled for Wednesday. He didn't disappear or skip the country, I saw him in the flesh! He and his nurse were totally awesome and their new office great!

Talk to you soon!

Sherry

Debra,

Going in to meet w/ the anastesiologist in the morning and get my blood work done! Not too nervous at this point, more excited! I wanted to take a minute before it gets spastic to tell you how much I appreciate your support through this whole ordeal and let you know that it means a lot to me!! I'm very confident in our decisions to stay w/ Dr. Lopez and it's awesome to have a lap-band buddy! As soon as I can eat again we'll have to meet for lunch when you get up to KC for a check up!

I'll talk to you after surgery!

Hugs,

Sherry

Ladies, I'm so glad you've decided to stay w/ Dr. Lopez! My surgery for tomorrow has been postponed (I'll go into reasons w/ you later when I feel it's more appropriate) but let me assure you that the postponement is NOT due to Dr. Lopez or my lack of faith in him! Wish I'd have known you were there, I was also and would have loved to say hello!

I'll be talking w/ you guys soon!

Merry Christmas!