Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I was banned on 11/25/09 and I have lost 26 pounds since then . I had my first fill on 12/28 I have 5 cc and go for my second fill on 2/6. Iam able to eat anything and I dont drink soda or crystal light. Its always Water. I go to the gym and I have protien shakes in place of a meal. I read alot of peoples posts and saw that they didnt get any restrictions until 7cc fill or more. I dont eat bread all the time only 2 servings. So should I just wait to see what happens after my 2nd fill... opinions please...

26 pounds in 2 months- I'm kind of confussed, because that is amazing weightloss- even above average. Your Dr. may not even give you another fill if you are showing that great of progress. I wouldn't worry until you stop loosing weight- I am 10 months post-op, only had 2 fills & can eat bread any day & still got to goal. Your doing fantastic- keep up the great work!:unsure:

thank you.. I feel better after looking at it that way,,

I have the realize band work out 5 days a week and lost only a few more than the 16 after surgery, I've had two fills, my third in 14 days, I have 4cc in my realize band, I too was discouraged, but its not gaining, I have no restriction, good for you on the drinking Protein Shakes, you dont eat solid food at all? I've been sick so I had to miss the gym the last two weeks of the month so I have missed my goal, but I'm staying positive

26 pounds in 2 months- I'm kind of confussed, because that is amazing weightloss- even above average. Your Dr. may not even give you another fill if you are showing that great of progress. I wouldn't worry until you stop loosing weight- I am 10 months post-op, only had 2 fills & can eat bread any day & still got to goal. Your doing fantastic- keep up the great work!:unsure:

when did you really start losing? I'm in month 4, I can wear clothes I couldn't, nothing is tight and its loose and hanging off the clothes I couldn't wear, but the scale isn't moving so much

i started losing weight the week i was home. and then watching what I ate. I do eat solids. I was a size 26 to 28 and now im in a 24 almost 22..

Well Boston, I just lost consistantly. There wasn't really a month that it kicked into upper grear. I went on the pre-op diet 3 weeks prior to my surgery & lost about 16lbs then. Once I had my surgery I lost 6-8lbs a month, every month. It doesn't happen quick with the band, which i great b/c your body doesn't go through so much stress.

I had my realize band put in June 11, 2009. I have lost 54lbs. This seems slow to some with the lapband, however I am following all of the rules, I did not reach restriction until I have 7.5 cc's in my band. I have 9.5 now and continue to lose slowly...5 lbs a month. I began at 236 and weigh 182 now. I have 42 lbs to go to reach my goal of 140. By my current rate of losing I will be at goal by October. I am fine with that. Do not be discouraged like I was because EVERY ones body is different. Just do the very best that you can do, and realize that with hard work, and the help of the band, you will reach your goals.

Sheri:thumbup:

Sheriberi, I was banded June 1. I had lost about 15 lbs pre-op, so my total is 69 lbs. The recommended weight loss is 1-2 lbs per month. So you really sound like you're on target. I gave myself a year, for a total of 90 lbs. If I'm not quite there come June 1, I will definitely not be beating myself up. I've never been on any diet plan that I could lose more than 40 pounds, which always came back on within a year, plus some more. So as long as that number keeps going down, keep patting yourself on the back. :thumbdown:

Trisha

I just had my 2nd fill on 2/6. I now have a total of 6 cc in my band. I can still eat what I want. but i have managed to lost 37 pds since 11/25 banned. My doctor is very impressed with me. Im going back in a wk to get filled again 2.5 cc. so Im tryin my hardest and its working for me.

We've received one common request over the last year+ from members on LapBandTalk who've undergone or are interested in the Realize® Band procedure: An online community they can call their own.

Following the success of LapBandTalk and VerticalSleeveTalk, we're happy to announce that we've just launched the beta release of the Realize Band Support Community, located at RealizeBandSupport.com . We're confident that you'll find what you're looking for at the new Realize Band Support (RBS) Community.

If you're currently a member of LapBandTalk or VerticalSleeveTalk, you can just log in with your current credentials, there's no need to sign up for a new account.

Log in now to join the REALIZE Band community and become one of our founding members!

Wondering if Realize® Band is the right choice for you? Looking for information and community after your Realize Band Surgery? Look no further. You'll find everything you need at RealizeBandSupport.com .

I started LapBandTalk the night I came home from surgery mid July 2003. Following my own Lap-Band® procedure, I was looking for information and community support. I came across a few helpful web sites, but they all lacked a sense of actually belonging to a group of people who share many similarities, struggles and habits.

After years of researching and reaching out to the community, we've been able to build the most comprehensive online resources for all types of Weight Loss Surgeries. Hundreds of thousands of registered members contribute amazing stories and useful information to our pages.