Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update...

Well, I called BCBSIL today to see if a decision had been made yet and I was told that they need to see my 3 month supervised diet documentation. I told her that I know that my surgeons office has it and that I would have them refax it and she said that was fine.

I called my surgeons office and spoke to my 'insurance lady' there who said quite confidently that it's not that they didn't get it, it's that they are saying that what was provided wasn't detailed enough. I can't say that I'm shocked because I'm sure we've all heard about others having the same issue. What bothers me is that the girl with BCBS didn't say that- she didn't even use the word 'denied'.

The good-ish news is that my insurance lady said that they've never had someone with my insurance be approved on the first try. She said that they'll deny me twice and they may have to appeal before they finally approve it- they want me to back down. Well, Sorry Charlie, that's just not going to happen ;).

I must admit I'm a little bummed to know that this is likely going to drag out but at the same time I'm thankful that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to keep doing whatever I have to do to get this surgery approved (as I'm truly not in a position to attempt any kind of self-pay).

Side note: Does anyone have the Wii Fit? My mom got it for me for Christmas. My mom was setting up her profile and everything and I was all excited becuase it was really neat. However, when I got on it it informed me in bright red text that I exceed the maximum weight limit, which I'm sure goes without saying, was humiliating! I know that I am hovering right around the weight limit but I didn't know that it was going to not let me use it. There are a couple ways to get around it but I mean to tell you, the first thing it does is it weighs you and if you exceed the weight limit it won't let you go any further. When we were using it yesterday I would have to have my fiancee stand on it before I could hop on and do any of the games.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a tool that is supposed to help you get healthy or lose/maintain weight has what I would call a pretty low maximum weight limit (330 lbs)?

annoying? yes. ironic? absolutely! but i am not surprised...it seems that the prevailing notion is that if you are beyond 330, then you are beyond saving and you might as well go drown your sorrows in some hagen daaz....

I have a Wii Fit, and I think it's kind of an asshole. I swear it groans every time I step on the damn thing.

As far as the insurance thing, I totally feel ya. I had to resubmit all kinds of crap that wasn't "thorough" enough. Just keep at it. Like you said, they want you to back down. If they can avoid paying for something, THEY WILL.

Just hang in there... be persistent. Obnoxiously persistent. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!!

lol- it says 'OH!' everytime anyone steps on it, it's kind of a jerk. And it asked my mom if she found herself tripping when she walked because her balance was off. I have to use someone elses avatar to actually go in and do anything- other than that it's okay.

Well, I called BCBSIL today to see if a decision had been made yet and I was told that they need to see my 3 month supervised diet documentation. I told her that I know that my surgeons office has it and that I would have them refax it and she said that was fine.

snipped

My advice, if this hasn't been resolved. Get copies and Fed-Ex them. You'll have tracking information that it WAS received by the insurance company.

Denise

Edited by Cocoabean
I really can spell!

The first time I submitted BCBS of IL said they didn't rec. it - I refaxed everything and called a couple days later to confirm. Then they told me it wasn't detailed enough the next two times I submitted.

BCBS recommends Weight Watchers but when I called and said I was on it and sending WW logs the representative on the phone wasn't sure what WW's was and asked what points were? and proceeded to tell me I should watch my calories and not these point things!! Argh!!!!

I talked to someone else that knew the program and they told me that I wasn't showing progression - so I had my doctor write her suggestions on every single days food and exercise logs for 90 days - I exercised more, cut my calories and lost a little weight every month. This is what finally worked for me.

They will give up - don't stop trying!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches