Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

My name is Jeanne. I live in rural Central Oregon, USA, with my husband, two cats, two goats, a Scottish Highland steer, and a Basset Hound.

I had my first appointment with the surgeon in January. For insurance purposes, I need to go through 6 months of Nutritionist appointments - my last one will be in August. I know that I do qualify for the surgery, so it's just a matter of jumping through their hoops. We are planning the RNY. Hoping for surgery this fall!

I am 51 years old and 5'6". My highest weight was 245. When I met with the surgeon I as at 233. I'm currently at 219 - on Ozempic. Goal weight is 150.

Hi there! My name is Barbara Drake, and I'm a health-conscious girl who's passionate about living a happy and healthy life.

I believe that our bodies are our temples, and we should treat them with the utmost care and respect. That's why I make it a priority to eat wholesome, nutrient-rich foods and exercise regularly to keep my body strong and energized.

When it comes to my diet, I focus on incorporating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lean Proteins, and healthy fats. I also love trying out new recipes and experimenting with different flavours and ingredients.

In addition to eating well, I also make sure to stay active and get plenty of exercise. Whether it's going for a run in the park, hitting up a yoga class, or trying out a new fitness trend, I love finding fun ways to stay active and challenge my body.

Overall, I believe that living a healthy lifestyle is all about finding balance and making choices that support your mind, body, and soul. And I'm committed to doing just that each and every day!

10 hours ago, Barbara Drake said:

Hi there! My name is Barbara Drake, and I'm a health-conscious girl who's passionate about living a happy and healthy life.

I believe that our bodies are our temples, and we should treat them with the utmost care and respect. That's why I make it a priority to eat wholesome, nutrient-rich foods and exercise regularly to keep my body strong and energized.

When it comes to my diet, I focus on incorporating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lean Proteins, and healthy fats. I also love trying out new recipes and experimenting with different flavours and ingredients.

In addition to eating well, I also make sure to stay active and get plenty of exercise. Whether it's going for a run in the park, hitting up a yoga class, or trying out a new fitness trend, I love finding fun ways to stay active and challenge my body.

Overall, I believe that living a healthy lifestyle is all about finding balance and making choices that support your mind, body, and soul. And I'm committed to doing just that each and every day!

Hi Barbara, welcome! Did you have bariatric surgery?

6 hours ago, Barbara Drake said:

No, I'm just maintaining the healthy diet.

Good for you! I'm so happy that you're able to do that. You know, only 5% of people are able to lose weight - and keep it off - with diet and exercise alone. Only 5%, isn't that crazy?!? Praise the Lord there are alternatives (like medications, or bariatric surgery) for the other 95% of us. :)

18 hours ago, Jeanniebug said:

Good for you! I'm so happy that you're able to do that. You know, only 5% of people are able to lose weight - and keep it off - with diet and exercise alone. Only 5%, isn't that crazy?!? Praise the Lord there are alternatives (like medications, or bariatric surgery) for the other 95% of us. :)

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I am aware of the statistics about weight loss and how difficult it can be for many people. I feel grateful that I have been able to achieve some success with diet and exercise, but I also recognize that it's not the right approach for everyone.

In addition to diet and exercise, I have also incorporated some meal replacement shakes into my routine, which have been helpful for me. I understand that for some people, medications, or bariatric surgery may be a better option, and I support whatever approach someone chooses to take to improve their health and well-being. The most important thing is finding a sustainable solution that works for you.