Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taoz update mid pre-op VLCD

I'm half way through my 3 weeks of pre-op VLCD (surgery date 2nd May). I'm really happy to report that I haven't been feeling lethargic or very hungry (I sometimes hear my tummy grumble and start feeling a bit hungry about an hour before dinner, but nothing bad - maybe my body is actually happy to be cannibalizing my fat stores lol). I have felt a bit dizzy a couple of times when I've been late getting around to making my shake for lunch, but I was still feeling fine today when I didn't get home from shopping until 2:30pm.

*gardening nut alert* I actually spent from 7pm until 11:30pm last night outside working hard to clear finished plants and lots of woody mulch, top up (with 6 barrow loads of rich soil), and smooth over a 1.1m by 3.3m raised bed and then frantically plant and cover 27 serviette carrot seed mats (which I made earlier) trying to beat the incoming storm that had been threatening with distant lightning from about 9pm. I just got it done when the rain hit and rushed inside a wet, sweaty, filthy, but happy mess :) boy my midnight shower felt good!

Most nights we all eat the same dinner (meat and simple veggies), however my husband is taking our kids to see the Harlem Globetrotters tonight (going with another family) so I've just had some leftover veggies (a few bites of cooked carrot and a good serving of the rattlesnake green Beans I grow and love) and a tin of ALDI smoked rainbow trout. I've been tracking my daily nutrients on an excel spreadsheet (since I'm having only 1 replacement meal a day, I wanted to calculate the values of my 200ml 1% milk hot coffee plus a single scrambled egg for brekky, and whatever meat is for dinner) and it's been staying mostly between 600 and 700 calories throughout the day.

After figuring out it was going to cost me nearly $60 Australian PER MONTH to buy and ship 6 months worth of the yummy Calcium chewy bites I've settled for ordering 3 months worth of the calcium chews available from bnmulti (which my surgeons office recommended) for $52 delivered. If I find I really hate them I'll look for alternative options that will work for me at 3 months post op. I also picked up a bottle of Biotin to start supplementing with now and hope I don't lose too much of what little hair I have.

Lastly, one thing I have noticed is that I'm currently massively susceptible to crying if anything remotely soppy is on TV, including advertisements, which is totally not normal for me.

Wishing everyone else here happiness and health!!!