Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have a tough recovery?

I'm 4 days post op and having the worst recovery!! The gas pain is tolerable today but my brain is foggy and I'm having dizzy spells. I'm having trouble concentrating, feeling feverish(no actual fever though) hot/cold flashes and headache as well.

I'm trying to keep hydrated thinking that may have been it but nothing seems to help.

The only other thing I'm thinking is the fact that I was under anesthesia for 2.5 hours. I've never been under that long before.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday but if I could have some piece of mind before that I would be very appreciative.

Lapband revision to gastric bypass on 12-14-2016

Weight day of surgery: 308.2 lbs

Current weight: 300.8

Total weight loss: 7.4 lbs

As soon as I woke up from surgery I was in so much pain. I felt like someone stabbed me in my stomach 100s of times. It took three days for the pain to be tolerable. Now on day 6 I feel so much better. Everyone's experience is unique. Check your temperature if you have a fever you need to contact your Dr

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I can't help, I did not have much pain postop. I did have the dizziness though as I suffer from vertigo....my surgery was 3 hours. I was in the hospital 4 days and the worst part for me was the awful bed, and being woken up every few hours to have different things done. i strongly suggest that you walk as much as possible to get rid of the gas.

I felt exactly the same dizzy foggy kept on taking temp but never had one a couple days later felt so much better and it seems once u see the dr and he says it's normal everything goes away .

I felt exactly the same dizzy foggy kept on taking temp but never had one a couple days later felt so much better and it seems once u see the dr and he says it's normal everything goes away .

how long post op did it last for you?

Please go see your doc. Even though you may not be having temps but feel hot and cold may be a sign of infection, especially 4 days out. I only say this as ths happened to me. Everyone is different but call your doctor. Always better to know for sure.

Hope you feel better soon

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

I'm feeling out of sorts today too. I felt so good yesterday. Today I started the day by passing out. I have less energy, and more pain. I also caught my drain when I started to get up so I had to deal with that. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I was in surgery for 7hrs due to complications and I felt the same, especially the hot/cold flashes which I think might be to do with all the hormonal changes that go on after surgery.

I'm 15 days out now and feeling much better. My advice would be if you are still taking painkillers try get off them as soon as is comfortable - i felt much better once i had stopped mine xx

I was in surgery for 7hrs due to complications and I felt the same, especially the hot/cold flashes which I think might be to do with all the hormonal changes that go on after surgery.

I'm 15 days out now and feeling much better. My advice would be if you are still taking painkillers try get off them as soon as is comfortable - i felt much better once i had stopped mine xx

I took one Percocet on Friday and that was it. It was the next day that I started having that awful feeling and swore it off

I feel ya! I feel like a weakling compared to others when it comes to recovering. I understand we're all different and our bodies handle the changes in their own ways. I however feel that I might have had a bit more pain due to the medication (RXs) I was discharged with. I was only prescribed Tylenol with Codeine for pain. I feel that considering the level of pain I've had, I would have benefited from something with a little more power. I also had some dizzy spells but figured it was low BP due to lack of fluids on board. I hope you feel better soon. It'll all be worth it ♡

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm 9 days post op and still feel drained. They kept me in for 4 days. Seen Dr yesterday, she says my fibromyalgia is probably making it hard for me to have much energy. I also think because I am not getting much Protein... I felt like I needed a wheelchair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I am feeling a lot better in general now, but at the moment, I am beat. Today was a busy day for me which consisted of making my daughter lunch and doing dishes, then a trip to Walmart with the hubs (He did push me in a wheelchair) Then wrapping gifts, church, to a friend's new house to see it, to mcdonalds to watch my child and husband eat, lol, and to my nephew's to deliver his gifts. Shew! I'm beat!

As for getting off pain meds, I only took 9 pumps of morphine when I had my pump, and I could've pushed it 6 times an hour foe over 24 hours. Since then, I've taken two doses of children's liquid tylenol. (We didn't have adult, lol) I haven't needed pain meds because 1) my pain hasn't been really bad and 2) I feel like if I mask what pain I do have, I may over do something and not feel it. I think the discomfort I have is bearable, and I need it to tell me when to stop.

My feeling out of sorts, I believe was from low BP and maybe blood sugar. Now that my body is getting used to its internal remodel, things have leveled off. I have more energy and mobility each day, and I'm feeling more like myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App