Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In November 2013, before I had surgery, I posted this:

"Today was rough. I had to travel to DC for work - three *full* trains each way, crammed in like cattle (on two of them, standing room only and the escalators were broken almost everywhere). My boss is a runner so i spent most of the day trailing a few yards behind like some yappy little dog. Plus, since I don't normally have to dress up, I had to buy something appropriate. It's my own hangup, I know, but I always swore I wouldn't ever cross the line and buy elastic waist pants. Last night, I had to cave and buy elastic waist pants because nothing else fit right. I doctored up the outfit and felt about as cute as a 300 pound 5'3" 35 year old can feel, but it still hurt to buy those stupid pants."

Yesterday, I had to make the exact same trip. It was hot, and the AC kept going out on the trains - basically the same setup.

The difference? Over 80 pounds.

I kept up yesterday. Wore a dress *with a belt*! It didn't fit much better than last year's outfit, but that's because I bought it 2 weeks ago and it was getting too BIG already :). I fit in all the seats, and I sure didn't last year - didn't even have to sit on one hip to avoid infringing on someone else's seat.

The best part? You know when you get on a train, you always try to find a row where you can sit alone if you can, and if not you scan for the best possible seatmate. Yesterday, more than once, I was chosen as the best option and people sat next to me when they had a choice to sit next to someone else. That NEVER happened before.

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it's days like this that make up a life. Life is hard enough without having your body fight against you every step you take - the weight loss achieved from the sleeve has just made everything easier, and that's what I wanted it to do. I can't wait to see how things continue to change for me.

Awesome story!

That is terrific!! I'm happy for you!!! You are obviously on the right path for you. Keep up the great work!! And enjoy each "new" you!! :)

What an awesome share!! Thanks for the inspiration! I know you feel amazing and look amazing to boot!! Great job! :)

Thanks, all! It was a pretty good day :)