Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soul Love, Part 2

After my transformation (see video) from plastic surgery following massive weight loss, I went through an identity crisis. I looked back at my pre-bariatric surgery photos from 2003 and no longer identified with that person. I gazed at my new and improved reflection in the mirror and wondered who “she” wanted to be. So I set out to find myself, and in doing so, I found love. I gained True Love for myself and others. I learned What Love is Not. And I grew fascinated with understanding the Soul Relationships in my life. If you are on the path to find your self after weight loss, then may this series of articles be helpful guideposts along your journey.

We lightly explored the spiritual and sexual aspects of soul mate and twin flame relationships in Soul Relationships part 1. In part 2 we’ll explore how to recognize soul love and the purpose of the

Attraction is a curious thing. We can meet someone who has all the right qualities we seek in a mate, and yet not be attracted to him in the least bit. Less frequently, we meet someone and are physically attracted to him and an emotional attraction develops as we get to know him. Even less frequently, we meet someone and quickly we are drawn to him physically and emotionally, even though we do not yet know him deeply. The emotional attraction even may happen before the physical attraction, and can be very powerful. There is a recognition. When you feel this strong urge to enter into a relationship with someone, that’s soul love.

If you’re in a true soul connection, you and your twin will truly love each other more than you’ve ever loved before. You love each other’s soul in a pure spiritual way and that love has existed before you even met. If the twins are not spiritually awake enough to welcome these loving feelings that consume them almost daily, then they may cause fear. Fear, insecurity, and doubt can be terrifying — a love that’s so powerful you begin to fear it because you’ve no control. You fear getting hurt. But you love her and you cannot help but to draw her near. You don’t understand these feelings, its as if she’s put a spell on you. You might analyze the relationship to death and come up with all the reasons why not to follow your heart’s desire. Or you may doubt her love (it’s not her fault, it’s your insecurity). You may push her away, by cutting her out of your life. Remember, each twin always feels what the other is feeling. So she may question your love and test you to see if you truly love her. Both twins are being forced to evaluate what their love is, and what it should be. There will be a crisis, or series of crisis, and this part of the process is very painful. The commitment level of both twins on the validity of their unconditional love is being put to the test. They are flooded with an emotional hurricane and eventually one or both twins withdraw from the other. This in turn, causes one twin to chase the other, and is an equally painful experience. The purpose here is to teach the twins that the Universe is in command and it is time to put their destiny into Its hands and release control. This surrender begins a powerful healing process. The quickest way through is to release pain, fears, judgement, and control to the Universe and send your twin unconditional love if you want her to come back. If she feels your anger she will stay away.

If this is you, then you join a huge group of people who have experienced the inexplicable, "What the heck is going on?" Do not worry, just have faith and trust. This relationship is under Divine protection and all will be revealed and harmonized in the end. The Universe has brought the twins together because the time is right. Once you both grow to new levels of spiritual consciousness you will be reunited in the physical. Unconditional love is key to growing through that which challenge us most. That’s our Soul’s purpose—to learn and grow. When we do, we ascend to our higher consciousness. Our soul relationships trigger our issues precisely so we grow into our highest self, we lose our egos and love unconditionally. Unconditional love is what makes the twin flame union work.

All feelings are derivatives of love or fear. To grow simply means we transform experiences of fear into experiences of love. We grow by consciously committing to unconditional love, each and every day. Choosing love means we see people (including ourselves) beyond their mistakes. We focus on the good in someone rather than the bad. We see the potential in our mates even when they cannot see it within themselves. We work through our “stuff.” We are kind, compassionate, understanding, and forgiving, even when it's hard to do.

Both twins must accept that what is destined will be no matter what. Don’t be under the illusion that you can somehow circumvent this process. You are not the orchestrator of the Universe. The only thing your procrastination will accomplish is to prolong the hell that accompanies the Twin Flame Process and delay bliss. Your free will is not powerful enough to override it. That’s because the twin soul union has a Divine purpose.

The Twin Flame journey is immensely deep and sacred. As the twins’ egos die completely the Divine force and destined events happen. Each twin experiences an awakening and Divine light and love radiates from them. You ask, “What was I thinking to run away from him" as both twins experience flashes of insight that ignites their spirituality and unconditional love. Together the twins have extraordinary power to heal, and this is their Divine purpose. The Twin Flame connection is beyond words, beyond time and beyond the ego. It has a destiny of it’s own, and is written in the stars. You can’t control it, you can only surrender to it. The Twin Flame Reunion may not adhere to your mind’s or society’s ideas of what is ‘normal’ within relationship paradigms, but remember we are in the midst of a global shift in energy that requires a new way of thinking about how life, and love, works.

Please always listen to your own intuitive knowing about your twin flame, and don’t discount what you feel. You have the power to create or destroy your future. Our beliefs and desires manifest for us and reveal the key to nurturing love and joy in your lives.

Thanks for continuing your series here! I loved the way you looked at relationships as mirrors to your soul in Part 1. Here, I like your points about unconditional love and about actions coming from love and fear. At some point, we need to let go and trust in a relationship, and hopefully it will all work out.

I am reading a book by Dr. Judith Orloff, cited below. I find her perspective interesting as she combines psychology and spirituality, and speaks to the concepts of soul mates and unconditional love. She writes, "In your life, I urge you to keep checking in with your intuition about decisions. Never defer to opinions about whom you ought to love or be... So, in your search for a soul mate, practice defining what you want, then practice letting go of your attachments to those requirements, an excellent exercise in surrender. Set your intention, then release it— a tactic much different from obsessing or trying too hard to make something happen. You’ll get the hang of intuitively knowing when to lean into the right relationships instead of trying to force people to be what they’re not or having unrealistic expectations. Attaining such balance enhances the dance of intimacy."

Instead, how many couples have we seen like this:

Dr. Orloff writes, "I've treated longtime couples who aren’t soul mates but remain together out of loyalty, convenience, or inertia. It feels like a breach, “too much trouble,” or “too scary” to change, disrupt their routine, or work on restoring passion. They may care about each other, have children and a social network, and have day-to-day lives that function well. In addition, resisting change is often associated with the fear of being alone, of never finding a partner who’s a better match. Or negative patterns such as abuse and low self-worth keep them hooked into destructive relationships. It’s too big a leap to trust that the universe will bring them someone better, much less someone spectacular."

Orloff, Judith Md (2014-04-01). The Ecstasy of Surrender: 12 Surprising Ways Letting Go Can Empower Your Life (p. 160). Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony. Kindle Edition.