Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! I usually don't do much topic starting, but I thought I would share. One of the things I wondered about pre-sleeve is if I was going to be successful. I was the world's WORST dieter. I was even worse with sticking to anything long term. The sleeve has changed my life 100% for the better. Granted, there have been some adjustments that have to be made (like new allergic reactions to foods etc), but I wouldn't change this. I was walking in the mall last weekend and walked by Victoria's Secret. I have never purchased any bras (or anything matter of fact) from in there, my chest was just too big. I thought, what the heck, lemme check it out. I need new bras anyway (semi-annual sale, extra 25% COME ON!!). Let me start by saying I was a 42DD (even a 42DD at times this time last year), so I was a little apprehensive. I still think of myself as big (that still is taking some time to adjust to). I walked out of the store with a 34DDD and a 36DD, And they were sexy bras (too bad I am the only one that sees them lol)! I skipped all the way to the car! Woohoo!! I finally cut up my Torrid credit card (plus size store), and paid off the bill. Victoria's Secret here I come! :) I've gone from a tight 20, to a size 8/10, size medium/large shirts. The only thing that hasn't changed are my feet.....still an 11, but now I don't have to get wide width calves!

I never thought I would have this opportunity!

Thanks for reading, and have a FABULOUS day!

This was supposed say (even a 44DD at this time last year).

Can't edit from my kindle!!!!! Ugh!

Wow! So you just lived one of my dreams. Congratulations on your progress! I have walked by that store so many times for so many years hoping I would one day be able to purchase bras and panties from there.

I am still not quite there but I am not too far off.

I am however able to purchase some clothes from normal stores and am close to moving down another size here in the next 5/10 lbs.

I cannot wait to cut up my Layne Bryant card. I think there will be a huge celebration at my house.

I have had to replace all my shoes because I now take a medium width! I love shoe shopping!

By the way, I have always hated shopping, now I look forward to trying on clothes!

Congratulations again on your great success and thanks for sharing your wins! I guess I will live vicariously through you until I lose the next couple of sizes.

Wow! So you just lived one of my dreams. Congratulations on your progress! I have walked by that store so many times for so many years hoping I would one day be able to purchase bras and panties from there.

I am still not quite there but I am not too far off.

I am however able to purchase some clothes from normal stores and am close to moving down another size here in the next 5/10 lbs.

I cannot wait to cut up my Layne Bryant card. I think there will be a huge celebration at my house.

I have had to replace all my shoes because I now take a medium width! I love shoe shopping!

By the way, I have always hated shopping, now I look forward to trying on clothes!

Congratulations again on your great success and thanks for sharing your wins! I guess I will live vicariously through you until I lose the next couple of sizes.

Hi DJMohr,

Thanks so much for your response! I know EXACTLY what you mean about shopping. I hated shopping! That's why I LOVE shoes too! I have tons of shoes, and felt that was the only thing that I could buy that wouldn't make me feel so disappointed when I put them on!!! Clothes shopping has gotten a little more fun :). I still can't grasp the size change, and I feel like if I grab a size and it doesn't fit I will disappointed.

If I can he there you can definitely get to your goal! Good luck to you! Keep you eyes on the prize (sexy Victoria's Secret bras and panties lol).

Ditto! Thanks for the post! Look forward to having a sexy bra someday! I have a bad ankles and knees so shoes are always practical and simple.