Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tortilla Pizzas

so last night i got brave and made awesome tortilla pizzas. a little sauce, some turkey pepperoni, canned mushrooms, cheese.< /p>

i brushed the tortillas with a little EVOO first and sprinkled on some garlic powder.< /p>

i put the toppings on and baked on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes.

i did some online research and found that if you PRE bake them they get even crispier. going to try that tonight. SUPER good.

i'm 6.3 wks out, on a regular ALL foods diet and this was my first try with any crusted pizza. ate half of it, went down awesome good. no probs. i used the small fajita sized tortillas.

just thought i'd share~!

Edited by mi75

I love tortilla pizzas...I use Carb Balance shells, to help with the carbs.

My most recent favorite is BBQ chicken - I spread some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce. Add some rotisserie chicken (you can even use deli turkey or ham). Top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until it's crispy.

If you have a convection oven, it crisps the shell nicely!

I love this place! I didn't know there was a thing called Carb Balance! I'll be looking for those. I'm on the soft food phase and can have tortillas but kept thinking I "shouldn't" because they're just a simple carb.

I love tortilla pizzas...I use Carb Balance shells, to help with the carbs.

Yes! They are made by Mission and you can find them at your grocery store with the other tortillas.

They taste great, come in smaller sizes (fajita are perfect for our small tummies).

I also make "chips" out of them - just brush with some olive oil and sprinkle some salt, then pop in the oven until crispy.

awesome. i would have to add red onion and some sliced bell pepper to that chicken, would be even more awesome!

i will also watch for those tortillas. i am almost positive i saw them at my kroger.

I made a tortilla pizza when my kids were eating French bread pizza the other day. Loved it! I used a bit of sauce, deli ham and mozzarella (ham because it's a bit more Protein than pepperoni...which I really don't like anyway)

I've also tried portabello shell pizza, using a portabello mushroom cap for the crust. It's pretty good too, but those mushrooms are very filling! I can't even eat one cap :)

Yes, the tortilla pizza is fabulous! It never gets boring because you can use so many different toppings. I've been sharing with all of my friends. My fave is fresh mozzarella, basil and sun dried tomatoes...yum. I will definitely try cooking the shell first because I like thin crust crispy pizza.< /p>

I made a delicious chicken fajita pizza with fat free refried Beans then topped with chicken and sauteed veggies. After that top it off with some fat free shredded Mexican cheese. Bake for 25 minutes and when it comes out put some avocado, salsa and a little bit of sour cream on it. It was so good! I had enough left overs to do them for a week for lunches.