Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omega Loop Gastric Bypass

i just had this done 26th March, I am 6 days post op and have lost 6kg already. Surgeon is wrapped with the results so far.

I feel 100% apart from really severe muscle pain from the left side, but that will heal, it will just take time.

I am so far so glad I have done this, my blood sugar readings are down from over 17 to between 6-8 and I know i am going

to look after myself so much better now...I feel like I have been given a 2nd chance at life and this is all mine now for the

taking and boy am I going to do so much with it!

I had an Omega loop too!!

Your the first person I've seen in here who has had it done!

My sugar reading have come down (from about 20 to 12) still high but not as bad.

The main reason I got this surgery was because of metabolic syndrome. My bmi was closer to 35 than to 40 so I don't know why my sugars haven't been able to be controlled... I was on maximum doses of 2 oral meds and an injection (similar to. Insulin) but still no luck...

It will be interesting to see the hb1ac readings at 3 months Post-op.

I had an Omega loop too!!

Your the first person I've seen in here who has had it done!

My sugar reading have come down (from about 20 to 12) still high but not as bad.

The main reason I got this surgery was because of metabolic syndrome. My bmi was closer to 35 than to 40 so I don't know why my sugars haven't been able to be controlled... I was on maximum doses of 2 oral meds and an injection (similar to. Insulin) but still no luck...

It will be interesting to see the hb1ac readings at 3 months Post-op.

yes same here! havent seen anyone else who has had it either! Arent we unique!

when did you have yours?

any complications so far?

I havent things seem to be going well. I had exact same sugar readings now mine are

below 10. I had insulin resistance, by BMI was 39.

Doc took bloods the other day and seeing surgeon this Weds (he just is interested in results at 1 week post op)

so i will let you know.)

I am just progressing onto puree foods. Its been bloody hard with fluids! only lasted 12 days....

Lost 9 kilo though so far so i am wrapped.

Anyway good luck and will repost soon

Edited by fleabag1975

Sorry for the late reply!

I had mine just over a month ago (4th March 2014) and have already been upgraded to soft food! Basically normal food if I'm careful. Apparently according to the dr and Dietician my swelling and healing have been super quick!

It's a process to go through but I think it's worth it!