Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Count down begins

And so the countdown beings until my surgery...38 days...17 hours (give or take a couple)...

I wish I had found this sight prior to selecting a surgeon, but can anyone comment or provide feedback on Dr/Mr Michell?

I have seen all the comments on bad breathe - any suggestions on dealing with this?

Anyone had leaks that you can share experience on?

I order a book from the US called "The Big Book on the Gastic Bypass: Everything you need to know, to lose weight and live well with eth RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery. Hope to have it next week and happy to share thoughts on it with all of you when it arrives.

The time will fly SA. I'm just home today for my first sleep in my own bed since surgery. It's nice but still pretty sore as the drugs wear off. Its such a different sensation for me having had the band for 8 years before conversion.

When do you start your pre op diet? I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts on your new book purchase once you receive it.

Book is brilliant! Gives heaps of information and read more everyday.

Congrats on your arrival home. How long were you in hospital for?

Meeting the nutritionist on Monday next week so I would imagine I will start within the week. Surgery is in 27 days now. Nervous and excited as I am sure everyone is.

Any tips on the pre-op diet?

What to take to hospital?

Hi SA, downloaded the book on your advice, I agree it really looks great and will keep me busy reading for some time.

My tips for the pre-op diet (and this will probably depend on the diet you are given), but if its Optifast - the Choc flavoured bars are really good and I ate loads of free salads and veggies. I am Vegetarian so this bit wasn't too hard, I did really miss having milk in coffee though. If you get stuck out and about without planned food the Subway salad bowl with all salads saved me heaps of times.

As for Hospital - no real tips on what to pack, just the usual stuff. I'd probably say if you are planning to have any visitors to hospital leave it until the second day. I went in on a Thurs and was discharged Mon.

Good luck with the Nut next week, if its anything like mine you will come back with pre-op, post op and beyond diet info. This is all very useful but also very well covered in your book.

6 more sleeps!

Thanks for you choc bars tip. They are better than the berry and Cappuccino favour. Was super surprised.