Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been reading through posts for a few weeks now and I am floored by how many people's drinks have "low" calories. The shakes I have (powder with milk) just the powder alone has 60g! Its the 100% whey Protein AMP from GNC. It's three scoops and 12oz of milk. I've been drinking these twice a day for almost two weeks now and they are pretty good! My NUT says 60g of protein is exactly what I need each day!

The Cookies n cream is pretty good as well as the banana cream! I am a HUGE chocolate lover (thus way so overweight!!hehe) and I wasn't thrilled with the chocolate either but if you mix one scoop chocolate with two scoops banana cream! YUM-O!

I've been reading through posts for a few weeks now and I am floored by how many people's drinks have "low" calories. The shakes I have (powder with milk) just the powder alone has 60g! Its the 100% Whey Protein AMP from GNC. It's three scoops and 12oz of milk. I've been drinking these twice a day for almost two weeks now and they are pretty good! My NUT says 60g of Protein is exactly what I need each day!

Im confused...tongue.gif The 100% Whey Protein AMP from GNC label says that one serving is 20gms of protein. You must be using three servings at a time? Thats 390 calories plus milk...x 2 a day....? I guess 800 calories isn't bad with 120gms of protein.... Is this your pre-op diet or after? Thanks for clearing things up for me!

oh, and I love your quote, so true!

I think the OP means the Wheybolic, which has 60g, but I am confused about the post in general. It starts about "low calories" and then lists Protein and not the calories. Are you ruminating about calories or Protein?

And for me, the Wheybolic chocolate tastes nice I think, but in all honesty, the powder alone has 280 calories. Together with 12 oz. of skim milk, that's over 400 calories - and that twice a day makes over 800 calories just in a couple of shakes.

I am not sure I'd want to use the majority of my calories in a couple of shakes? That seems like A LOT!

I mean, don't mind me if it works for you, I don't know at what stage you are but I just want to throw out the word of caution...

That is a typo, it is meant to saw low Protein not calories!

It is the Wheybolic with 60g of Protein!

I am pre-op and eating 1200 cal a day but on average even with the 800 from Protein my lunch is usually only around 100-200 calories so I've been at or under 1000 each day!

After surgery I won't be doing the shake twice a day only once to get my protein in!

60 is very handy! I just ordered True Protein samples, it has 45 gms per serving... and 188 calories- no carbs...I will have to see how it tastes....

https://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6797

Just follow the link, they only sell from their shop in southern california. I got my order shipped. I have only tried one flavor and it was OK. Not too sweet or thick. I figure I will try all the flavors and some of them should hit the spot, then I can order whatever flavor I like best in bigger sizes. When you order bigger sizes you can customize... pick your flavor, Protein, aminos if you want them and sweetener type.