Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We might be getting a new insurance from my husbands job. It is Signa. Has anyone out there had any experiences with this insurance carier???

Any info. would be greatly appreciated:)

Xelapaul

If you're talking about Cigna, it's a very well-known national carrier. It's not the easiest to work with, as I understand, but as a rule it does cover bariatric surgery for medically qualified candidates. Your husband's employer may have a specific contract, though, so there's no way to know what it says.

Hello, I just got banded 4/18 and yes, my Cigna insurance did pay 1/2 up front and then will pay another 30 % after 2 years if I lose weight ! It was a long 6 months worth of a doctor supervised diet plus many other things I had to do, but worth the wait. Follow exactly what they say to do and be certain to get a copy of any insurance "rider" your husband's company policy holds. I was told, at first, there was NO COVERAGE and I did my homework ! Best wishes !

I guess it depends on the individual Cigna plan because mine paid 100% after 6 months of a medically supervised diet plan..I guess I'm pretty lucky!!:clap2:

dear kaybee

thank you so much for your informative answear. what do you mean "rider" and if you do not mind me asking...." how were you able to get the coverage for wls when job company chose no coverage for wls (if i undrstoud you correctley)

thanks xelapaul

ps what state do you live in

Hi there !

My husband's place of employment offers Cigna insurance so I got out my employee insurance policy to see if this surgery was covered.

I was disappointed because at my 1st informational seminar on the lapband, it was mentioned that Cigna doesn't cover this procedure. Well, I read through the entire policy and found absolutely no information as to whether or not bariatric surgery was covered ! As a matter of fact, there was no information regarding obesity and any treatments, but there was a host of coverage for smoking cessation, mental illness and many other afflictions that folks need help with. Well, I then called the company my hubby works for and the human resources dept. knew nothing about this surgery and informed me there would be no coverage. I demanded to see, in person, where it is written that this is not covered. She called back a couple of LONG days later and said that after many phone calls, it MAY be covered. She did send the information home with my hubby so I called Cigna and found out that my husband's place of employment/ company actually did have a "rider policy", (there own written agreement between the company and Cigna) so if I followed everything according to Cigna's standards, I COULD be covered. Do your homework and read carefully through your insurance policy to see if it absolutely will not cover obesity related charges.

thank you so much for all that great info!!! I live in houston tx. are you are a fellow texan? at this time i do not know if my family will have cigna... we have phcs but, my dh is interviewing with a co that has cigna (i made him check that info at his first interview:-)... the company (CB&I) seems interested so i am on a "fishing" expedition as far as cigna is concerned. the co he works for now definately covers it but, if he switches co i want to know what will happened.... sorry for all this "useless chatter" i work in a hospital and was called out for an immergency last night and could not sleep.< /p>

Hi, I actually live in ME. Can your hubby continue with his old insurance (and pay for it) for any amount of time after he leaves his first job?HMM.Well, hope it all works out for you; HAVE FAITH !