Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled at almost 7 months

Someone please help me get back on track! I have lost a total of 83 lbs in 6 months. I have found that I am getting into old behaviors again with drinking sugary coffees and eating sweets. I want to lose about 10-15 more lbs!!! I don't always get my Fluid intake in nor my Protein. Please help. If i get back on track will i continue looking weight? Or is this where my body is done loosing weight? I'm 5'3 and I am currently 135lbs. I've been at a stall for a good month.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Well done on your weight loss so far. While I don't know your body fat percentage your weight is in the healthy weight range for your height. Weight loss from here on is going to slower and lower, that is, assuming you have sufficient excess body fat to lose. Your calorie and macro intake will need to be on point for your weight and activity levels (plus other factors), you won't have a lot of leeway.

If you don't actually have excess body fat to lose you will lose lean body mass if you continue to lose weight. You don't want to lose lean body mass. If you are in a position to get an accurate body fat percentage reading eg DEXA scan they are useful to see what your body composition is like. You may benefit from weight/resistance training..increase lean body mass while losing body fat...you could well end up the same weight but be physically smaller and wear a smaller size. Weight for weight muscle takes up less volume than fat.

You will lose weight if you get back on track...maybe a follow up visit with your dietician/surgeon would be beneficial for you.

Well done on your weight loss so far. While I don't know your body fat percentage your weight is in the healthy weight range for your height. Weight loss from here on is going to slower and lower, that is, assuming you have sufficient excess body fat to lose. Your calorie and macro intake will need to be on point for your weight and activity levels (plus other factors), you won't have a lot of leeway.
If you don't actually have excess body fat to lose you will lose lean body mass if you continue to lose weight. You don't want to lose lean body mass. If you are in a position to get an accurate body fat percentage reading eg DEXA scan they are useful to see what your body composition is like. You may benefit from weight/resistance training..increase lean body mass while losing body fat...you could well end up the same weight but be physically smaller and wear a smaller size. Weight for weight muscle takes up less volume than fat.
You will lose weight if you get back on track...maybe a follow up visit with your dietician/surgeon would be beneficial for you.

Thanks for the response. I was working out for a week with doing some weight training but I was thinking i want the number on the scale to drop. But now I realize that isn't always a good thing to think. Your right muscle is smaller than fat. Do you think doing a 24 hr liquid diet would helpbget rid of the sugary stuff I put in my body? I also have been eating more carbs lately too[emoji17][emoji53]

Some people do a five day reset, it doesn't reset the pouch, but it would give some weight loss plus may help you get back on track for the longer term.

You will lose more weight initially by reducing carbs (it will be Water weight).

Have you thought about going back to basics from when you were first allowed standard foods after pureed/soft foods? Protein first with some non starchy veges and a small amount of complex carbs. No snacking. if you can't reach protein goals maybe consider supplementing for a while. Protein will help you feel satisfied for longer. Once you achieve the desired weight loss you can look at calories and macros for maintenance.

A follow up with your doctor/diectiican would be beneficial they could help get you back on track.

Myfitnesspal is a good calorie counting site...set your profile for weight loss (with a reasonable weight loss goal) it will give you the daily calories you need to lose weight based on your personal profile. Your can plan your daily menu in advance (with some flexibility) so you know where you are at.

Some people do a five day reset, it doesn't reset the pouch, but it would give some weight loss plus may help you get back on track for the longer term.
You will lose more weight initially by reducing carbs (it will be Water weight).
Have you thought about going back to basics from when you were first allowed standard foods after pureed/soft foods? Protein first with some non starchy veges and a small amount of complex carbs. No snacking. if you can't reach Protein goals maybe consider supplementing for a while. Protein will help you feel satisfied for longer. Once you achieve the desired weight loss you can look at calories and macros for maintenance.
A follow up with your doctor/diectiican would be beneficial they could help get you back on track.
Myfitnesspal is a good calorie counting site...set your profile for weight loss (with a reasonable weight loss goal) it will give you the daily calories you need to lose weight based on your personal profile. Your can plan your daily menu in advance (with some flexibility) so you know where you are at.
Okay thanks for the insight. Do you know if there is a way to reset the pouch??

Stalls happen. It sounds like you're not in a stall though, you're eating/drinking sugary things that are high in calories. Go back to counting your calories and tracking everything you eat. Focus on Protein.

b3211ca1f137988ec0a4ad4a2c45e615.jpg

Also, Muscle weighs more then fat, so if you are adding muscle your weight will rise even though you are still losing fat.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat - a pound is still a pound. Muscle is more dense, so you may show fewer inches for the same weight if you are more muscular, but weight can still be the same.

Few can actually gain muscle mass while losing total weight, but we can seek to lose as little as possible while losing the fat. Typically we will lose some muscle mass, particularly in the legs and core, as we don't need as much muscle to support and move our reduced weight around, and few can dedicate the time and effort required to build up a comparable amount elsewhere (and then keep up the extra work to maintain it so that it doesn't turn to fat over time.)

For the OP, yes get a body composition scan to see where you are - Dexa is considered the best, but Water or air displacement or even the scales give useful information if used properly. As a woman, mid 20's body fat percent is typical healthy range, but individually, you might be better as 22-23%, or 27%, so don't obsess over it.. I aimed for mid teens, which is mid to lean normal for men, and called it a day. Even Dexa isn't accurate enough to obsess over a point or two one way or the other.

To get back on track, as you have acknowledged falling back into old habits, try just going back to basic lean meat and green vegetables for a while. What is typically needed is a few days of "detox" from the (typically sugary) junk that has crept back in to alleviate your cravings for them.

These liquid "reset" diets don't do anything better and just reinforce whatever tendency you may have toward yo-yo dieting. They are premised on the observation that when we first had our WLS we were typically on a liquid diet for a while and we lost like gangbusters, so therefore if we go back to a liquid diet, we will lose like gangbusters again. Unfortunately, it was not the liquid diet that caused us to lose rapidly, as even those of us who never did a liquid diet lost like crazy those first couple of weeks. It was all about the heavy caloric deficit that we were in courtesy of our surgery, and the resulting water weight loss as our body adjusted to the new reality.

In short, cut out the junk that has crept back in and replace it with high nutrition, low calorie real food that will satisfy you nutritionally and cut your cravings for sugar, and is something that you can stick to in the long term, rather than a quick fix yo yo diet.

Good luck,,,

Stalls happen, my nutritionist had me eating every 2 hours to get my Protein in to help with my stall. But if I was eating it was something protein related because I wasn't getting my protein most times (I was averaging 33g of protein a day) so I would do an egg.. 2 hours later maybe a cheese stick or a protein bar.. 2 hours later is lunch so maybe some chicken then 2 hours later another protein related snack and then dinner would be chicken or fish. If i still hadn't hit my protein then I would eat something small before bed (If I don't hit my goal by dinner I'm pretty close to the 60 so I only need a small snack)

Muscle does not weigh more than fat - a pound is still a pound. Muscle is more dense, so you may show fewer inches for the same weight if you are more muscular, but weight can still be the same.
Few can actually gain muscle mass while losing total weight, but we can seek to lose as little as possible while losing the fat. Typically we will lose some muscle mass, particularly in the legs and core, as we don't need as much muscle to support and move our reduced weight around, and few can dedicate the time and effort required to build up a comparable amount elsewhere (and then keep up the extra work to maintain it so that it doesn't turn to fat over time.)
For the OP, yes get a body composition scan to see where you are - Dexa is considered the best, but Water or air displacement or even the scales give useful information if used properly. As a woman, mid 20's body fat percent is typical healthy range, but individually, you might be better as 22-23%, or 27%, so don't obsess over it.. I aimed for mid teens, which is mid to lean normal for men, and called it a day. Even Dexa isn't accurate enough to obsess over a point or two one way or the other.
To get back on track, as you have acknowledged falling back into old habits, try just going back to basic lean meat and green vegetables for a while. What is typically needed is a few days of "detox" from the (typically sugary) junk that has crept back in to alleviate your cravings for them.
These liquid "reset" diets don't do anything better and just reinforce whatever tendency you may have toward yo-yo dieting. They are premised on the observation that when we first had our WLS we were typically on a liquid diet for a while and we lost like gangbusters, so therefore if we go back to a liquid diet, we will lose like gangbusters again. Unfortunately, it was not the liquid diet that caused us to lose rapidly, as even those of us who never did a liquid diet lost like crazy those first couple of weeks. It was all about the heavy caloric deficit that we were in courtesy of our surgery, and the resulting water weight loss as our body adjusted to the new reality.
In short, cut out the junk that has crept back in and replace it with high nutrition, low calorie real food that will satisfy you nutritionally and cut your cravings for sugar, and is something that you can stick to in the long term, rather than a quick fix yo yo diet.
Good luck,,,
Thanks so much for the feedback!

I have found Intermittent fasting works for me. I eat around 6-7 pm then don't eat until after noon the next day and try to focus on Protein and veggies. I then eat when I am hungry. I am not perfect as far as snacking and I enjoy a glass or two of wine when I get home from work. The theory is that this fast even though short helps to put your body in fat burning mode rather then carb burning mode. It helps with my carb cravings and I find that I don't miss the Breakfast most days. If I wake up especially hungry then I just eat breakfast that day. I have been a slow loser all along but I am still losing so that is all that matters!.