Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This might sound completely crazy, but I'll ask anyways.

I was sleeved on Jan 8, and I still haven't learned what my body is feeling. I never feel hungry, I never feel full or thirty or anything. But I know I have to keep up on fluids and sugar free jellos and what not.

Everytime I eat/drink something my stomach sounds like an emptying bath tub, gurgling and rumbling as I eat/drink. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something you associate with hunger or fullness? I am having a hard time learning my new body and the last thing I want to do is end up back in the hospital!

I haven't been able to eat or drink more than 2 ounces within about an hour period. How much were you keeping down in the first week?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! This is all so new! :-)

This might sound completely crazy, but I'll ask anyways.

I was sleeved on Jan 8, and I still haven't learned what my body is feeling. I never feel hungry, I never feel full or thirty or anything. But I know I have to keep up on fluids and sugar free jellos and what not.

Everytime I eat/drink something my stomach sounds like an emptying bath tub, gurgling and rumbling as I eat/drink. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something you associate with hunger or fullness? I am having a hard time learning my new body and the last thing I want to do is end up back in the hospital!

I haven't been able to eat or drink more than 2 ounces within about an hour period. How much were you keeping down in the first week?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! This is all so new! :-)

First, Congratulations on getting sleeved. The gurgling is normal, maybe some don't experience it, but a lot of us do. You will find many posts about it. The first week or so was the "worst" , not that it was bad, but it does get better. Your stomach is swollen and recovering, give it time. I also get the gurgling back when trying some new foods. After Day 5, drinking in general became much easier. During that first week, I found warm liquid wend down much easier. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup, herbal tea. All good. My NUT was much more concerned with staying hydrated the first week, so she stressed drinking above all else. Though I was not taking pain meds, I did take liquid Tylenol (acetaminophen)/some times I crushed tablets into a spoon of SF pudding, and that helped with discomfort and swelling.

Good luck!!

Hi! Congrats on your new sleeve! I am 11 months out and STILL have gurgling....it isnt all the time but quite often. I think it is funny now! Lets see what funny noise my tummy will make this time!

I was sleeved on Jan 8th too, and my stomach gurgles alot! I'm glad to hear others are experiencing it and its normal :)

Oh that is great to hear! I'm glad it is somewhat normal! Thanks for the feedback girls! I think I'd be little lost without this source of support these first few weeks!

My stomach gurgles every time I eat and I'm over a year post-op. It sounds like draino finally breaking through a clog in the sink. I have a hard time eating slowly and chewing thoroughly, so I still get sick quite a bit after eating. If I take that one bite too many, it's going to come up. Period. But I am getting better at determining when there is no room left in there. I'm still very happy I had the surgery. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I hit my weight loss goal in December and now anything else that comes off is just gravy :-) I lost 94 lbs in a year.

Im 6 weeks out...and yup, im gurgling too. But i only hear it when I eat.

Hey Amanda,

I have the noisiest gut known to man or woman lol. It gets better but it still maybe more than you are used to for a while. I'm 5 wks out and my stomach doesn't really make any noise when it's empty until I start eating it's like it starts talking to me when food hits it. Like yum yum yum. Gurgle gurgle. My gut has always been noisy especially my small intestine. See I have celiac disease and can't eat gluten that's in wheat, barley, rye, and malt. So I went for 12 years or so not knowing and it was always upset and very very LOUD. It will keep you awake at night. With this surgery I'm sort of back to all the noisy gut I used to have before adopting a gluten free diet which my body started to absorb finally and gained weight BUT the burgled are harmless and don't hurt. They have gotten some more quiet than right at first though. Rest assured. Good luck and congrats on your life changing and life saving surgery!

I know I'm replying to a post more than a year old but I have to add my experiences with the gurgling. My guts are being super noisy! I even got weird looks from my kitties!

The gurgling noises are reassuring sounds, they let me know my gut is alive and doing it's job.

I just had my Gastric Sleeve on May 26th, I have trouble telling when I'm hungry or not too. I had the Lap Band for the last 7 yrs but switched to the sleeve as the band was annoying and I could feel it bulging from my stomach, and exercising I couldn't do things that had to do with my mid section cause It would start to hurt. So I decided to switch to the sleeve, What is getting to me now is all the gurgling lol. Night when i'm sleeping it wakes me up and I'm wondering how long this goes on for. Could be embarrassing at the wrong moments, Job interview and body gets noisy or in church ect. Will this be something that will continue like this for my life, or will it ease up after awhile? Just want to know what to expect lol.

I too have had the gurling i had the sleve on june 6 th and so much want to eat food lol i have been on this pr op and post op diet since may 29th im wondering how soon did you get to start eating food again i go for my post op on june 21 st all seems to be going well i was able to return back to work on june 13th and just have been a little more tired then usuall but am able to walk the 2 blocks to and from the office i work in i too also had some weight gain in hosp i started my weight at 352 on day of surgery i was 320 and am now at about the 320 mark still coming home from hosp at 327 which i found to be very depressing wondering what the normal weight loss for all of you were from week to week