Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I'm pushing to lose 11 lbs by July 25. I woke up thus morning, worked out for an hour, came home and ate 3 donut holes...really?

It happens. Don't be so hard on yourself, get back up, dust yourself off and try again. July 25th is over two weeks away. You can do it. Instead of donut holes, next time try a sweet flavored Protein Shake. That will increase your muscle and burn after the work out and satisfy that sweet craving! I take you have not been sleeved yet? Is July 25th your date?

I don't know if what I'm going to suggest will apply for you or not, but I will share and if it helps great, if not, then hopefully others will chime in that can offer other advice.

I am so close to goal, I can't hardly stand it. A little more than a week ago, my left leg started swelling up like a watermelon. Long story short, it turned out not to be a blood clot, but rather a complication from a blood clot I had earlier this year. Moral of the story, I gained like 10# of Fluid in a VERY short period of time.

Now, common sense tells me- DUH, this isn't a real weight gain, right? I went into this funk and I think subconsciously I was telling myself I was never gonna get to my final goal anyways, so might as well have some food I enjoy. Did I make good choices? Nope!! In fact, I think I added another 3 or 4# to that Fluid gain in this same time frame.

Being so close to goal and using COMMON SENSE, a reasonable person would think, WHY would I do that to myself??? Is it the fear of success? Ok, sounds like an oxy moron, but I emailed a friend over the weekend about this issue I just went through. She reminded me that when people are exposed to abusive relationships whether it be a parent/ child, spouse, etc.... that often times we get into our heads that we just aren't good enough for those "good things" in life. That it becomes a form of self-sabotage and then we can say, "well, they were right, I couldn't do it anyways".... I've seen others reference some books on this subject. I haven't looked them up as reading is something I don't have time for in my schedule, but I am seeing a therapist to help me on addressing my food issues. Being 9# to goal, I still have major food issues. I want to eat the good stuff, but logically we all know what that does to us.

Try to put the 3 donut holes aside and move on. Just look at it as a wash for today and continue on your track to meeting your July weight loss goal!

I hope that helped some. I don't know if this date you are working towards involves any people that have been negative in your life before, but you might give this some thought.

Forgot to mention, my Dr.'s put me on a diarhetic and I lost ALL that fluid in like 2 or 3 days, which left me with the 3 or 4# that I believe are from the poor food choices I made. Those are now gone plus 1 thank goodness. Food demons will likely be part of my life forever.....

I have been sleeved. My four month anniversary was the 6th. We are going on vacation at a waterpark on the 25 th and I want to be in one-derland when I go. I'm ok if I don't make it. It is just a goal. I was kinda laughing at myself this morning. I just tell myself I'm not going the rest of my life without eating a donut hole. I do want to read one of those books though. I do think I self-sabitage.

I think just about every one of us here will tell you that being overweight is just a symptom of something going on in our emotional lives.

I know exactly what you are going through as I did the same thing when I got the lapband 5 years ago (it/I wasn't successful). I have started therapy so that when I do get sleeved next month I will have a better idea of exactly what the emotional issues are that I am trying to address by eating. I want to be successful this time, and for the rest of my life.

Perhaps you should consider some therapy to discover what it is that is making you eat when and what you know intellectually is bad for you and counter-productive.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Former_VGB is totally right! I have even found myself sabotaging myself when I do have a emotional bout. It's not fun and I find that I want more of the sugar when I let my guard down and take a handful of M&M's. I am addicted to sugar and sugar is very toxic to our bodies. I crave sugar after having something sweet. It will even cause my A1C level to increase. That means I'm diabetic still. Now the sleeve hasn't failed me! I've failed my sleeve! I make the choices of what I put in my mouth, not the sleeve. So I know that when I take a bit of something with sugar, I will want more of that junk! So, now I'm getting rid of everything that has sugar! I am trying to eat foods that are l ingredient only. Wish me luck! i love eating out, but get somewhat frustrated cuz I can't eat that much. On the other hand, I do love it because I can't eat that much. Anyways, instead of a donut hole, try a piece of fruit. Your body will thank you later on. :)