Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be changing for the better. Because who I am now is not who I want to be. And if i dont change right now, i will never be the person i see myself as. I want to be a happy teenage girl. That wont happen until I get this surgery. I am so over weight its depressing. im 16, im young, I want to be spending my teenage years having fun, getting out, and meeting new people. But as of right now im not doing that. i hide in my room, but sometimes i do go out with my friend but i want to do more memorable things with my life before i grow up. I don’t know if its because im not a confident person or because im so insecure about the way I look. I come off as a confident but I hide a lot of my feelings. Even to the closest people in my life. I like being a low key person. I don’t like showing people who I really am because im not even comfortable in my own skin. I love clothes, jewelry, and makeup and everything girls love. But its hard shopping when you are a plus size. You only can shop in a store with plus sizes and only shop in that section, and It sucks. I want to be able to shop everywhere and anywhere with not having to worry if they go up to my size.

I hope to be getting this surgery in November. It will help me and give me confidence and help me to be that person i want to be instead of hiding who i really am. i really want to post my journey with this so i can look back on how much i have changed,

First, wow you are so very brave to post and I admire your strength and confidence to do so.

It seems like you already know what you want for yourself and I can assure you once you are approved for surgery and are able to go forward, you will leap to levels of confidence you never knew existed! Truly wish you the very, very best. Love to see more about your journey and successes. My heart goes out to you as I have a daughter who is 15, turning 16 in October. I can only imagine the stresses in school now, especially with the internet, Facebook, instagram, Twitter and the like....so I am sure kids can be brutal...mean and hateful. Keep your chin up, try to stay positive. This site is full of people who have a wealth of knowledge and support.

Oh dear… what a brave child u are…stay positive in all u do and remember u are beautiful no matter what size u are!!!!

I wish I had been in a position to do this when I was your age. I know I'm privileged to be able to get this done in my 20s, but still, I think about the rest of my youth that I missed out on and I feel sad.

I have to say though, I've learned a lot about how to read people by being fat. I can spot a douche bag from a mile away. Figure that sh*t out now while you still can, cause once you're skinny, they won't let their true colors show!

I agree with fezik23. My sisters, cousins, and myself have all had / are having bariatric surgery in our 50's and 60's after decades of misery with orthopedic conditions and other serious medical conditions brought on by obesity. When we were your age, bariatric surgery wasn't even available to the public. We have lost several family members of our generation to heart attacks in their late 30's and 40's and morbid obesity (300-400 lbs +) runs rampant throughout our clan.

Good for you to address this now. Hopefully, your family will be supportive. If you cannot find strength there, you can find it here. You will surely have questions as you go through the different stages of your weight loss journey. We may at times, steer you right back to your bariatric team, but as people who have "been there, done that, got the shirt" we would love to share how our experiences may provide encouragement and support for you. Welcome to the forum. Feel comfortable to come visit often.

I think you're very brave and I want to simply wish you all the best of all things! :D

I cannot tell you how much I can relate to you right now. I had my surgery done literally just three days after my 18th birthday. I wish I had done it a little sooner, but I definitely don't regret my decision. I've felt what you've felt, and I can tell you right now that your life will change for the better after this. I went from plus-size shopping to wearing clothes I haven't worn since middle school for crying out loud. I can wear the pretty dresses I've eyed for years! And I actually have the energy to exercise!

I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated!

I will be changing for the better. Because who I am now is not who I want to be. And if i dont change right now, i will never be the person i see myself as. I want to be a happy teenage girl. That wont happen until I get this surgery. I am so over weight its depressing. im 16, im young, I want to be spending my teenage years having fun, getting out, and meeting new people. But as of right now im not doing that. i hide in my room, but sometimes i do go out with my friend but i want to do more memorable things with my life before i grow up. I don’t know if its because im not a confident person or because im so insecure about the way I look. I come off as a confident but I hide a lot of my feelings. Even to the closest people in my life. I like being a low key person. I don’t like showing people who I really am because im not even comfortable in my own skin. I love clothes, jewelry, and makeup and everything girls love. But its hard shopping when you are a plus size. You only can shop in a store with plus sizes and only shop in that section, and It sucks. I want to be able to shop everywhere and anywhere with not having to worry if they go up to my size.

I hope to be getting this surgery in November. It will help me and give me confidence and help me to be that person i want to be instead of hiding who i really am. i really want to post my journey with this so i can look back on how much i have changed,

Edited by olsonjb

It's soooooo crazy how things work. I'm 16 too and I am hopefully having my surgery in late November or early December. Three months ago is when I couldn't take it no more I was soo freaking tired of being the only anti social, kid in my family. I was over the top with feeling this way everyday, waking up in the morning feeling unconfident, ugly, fat just hating myself all the way around. Every kid in my family is athletic except for me I'm the only one. I know the feeling of not wanting to go anywhere, not wanting to go shopping because I I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to fit anything. for the past three months I've been looking for someone my age that has had the same problem or is having the same problem. While reading your story I felt as if I had typed it myself. I'm so happy to have read your post because it assures me that I'm not the only one. You should email me. booboojigga@yahoo.com :) :) :)

I think is the best thing you could ever want to do specially for your help in the fun part is shopping for a smaller size clothes may God bless you on your weight lose Journey

I wish i would have known about it in my teen years. Although I am 21 and getting it done in November. I can not wait to see this life change and I keep asking my self why I waited so long! I hope everything goes well for you. Stay strong.

@@adrianacanulli I know your pain. I am so happy to hear that you are taking control now. When I was 16 years old I was at my heaviest weight 285lbs....Now that I am 29 Ive only managed to lose about 60 of those pounds and have gained back 30. I wish I had surgery as an option in 2002.

Good luck in your Weight loss journey!