Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey y'all,

So, before I started the wls journey I'd continuously been on my own weight loss journey so for the last 3.5 years. My diet has been fairly restrictive for several years. Eating what I wanted but never at the portions I wanted them. (I'd have one slice of pizza for dinner when I wanted 3.4. IDK. I was HUNGRY.) Which I thought would help... Wrong. Yeah, the only time I actually had successful weight loss was when I moved out of country and really couldn't afford food. Broke grad student life. Like really, I was broke. I lost about 80 pounds. I loved it but was not satisfied, I still had another 60 plus left to lose. In hindsight, I had really lost a substantial amount of weight. So, in said oversees country, I met the love of my life who was stationed there. Needless to say, I did NOT finish my graduate degree but rather married. Happily married for almost three years now. Slightly regret. Not getting married, more-so not finishing what I'd set out to do. Still love her though, I wouldn't change that. Any-who, I'm hungry.

So after about a year of dating, I gained about 20 pounds in "love fat," you know, constant eating out, eating fatty foods, eating in bed... Oh, and I WAS EATING AGIAN. Yay for me. So we married and spent two years oversees, in which I gained about 30 or so pounds.. Basically gaining more than half of what I'd lost. She loved me... she was my carbs, and I was hungry. But I still watched what I ate. Hoping to reverse some weight gain. Again, eating what I wanted but not as much of it... which did NOT work for me.
Fast forward to our return stateside, I have the surgery about one week ago today, 6 days to be exact, and I AM HUNGRY. I was on liquids before surgery for two weeks and am now on the FULL liquid diet, Soups, anything strained through this little hair style strainer. I'm struggling, y'all. I've already chewed up some roasted potato and spit it out. Also with some cheese. I'm bad. My surgery went very quickly, we returned stateside and all of a sudden I was on a liquid diet en route to surgery. And I did NOT cheat, for fear of being cancelled. Oh my gosh I have never wished I'd cheated more!

Anyways, I'm rambling. Is anyone else struggling this hard so early on? At stage where I hoped I wouldn't even feel hunger. I'm fully aware of head hunger, I know that is exactly why I can't convince myself that the sugar-free raspberry Jello I'm eating actually requires chewing. Because it doesn't. And I need to chew. Or at least my head is telling me so... Idk. I'm struggling y'all! Any advice?

My surgery was 4/2/18. I went on pureed liquids stage when I ledft the hospital. First 2 weeks I was always hungry..and I didn’t lose any weight. Dr. Told me to move to next stage but carefully. See what I could tolerate. That worked..I am now “appropriatel” hungry! My weight loss is slow, I think, but I am not able to exercise until I get a hip replacement, which I can’t get until I lose 30 more lb!!

Yip. Almost everyone feels hungry at the liquids only stage... just wait til you move to solids and everything feels like lead til you're used to eating food again lol xx

I feel your pain lol im 3 week post op and went through the same thing. It gets better when ur moved to soft foods such as eggs and anything u can squish with a fork. Although it was hard i bought these baby cheetopuff type deal that melt in ur mouth. I needed crunchand those were perfect!!!

Hang in there— it’ll get better once you can have food!

Sleeved 5/10 and i hear ya. They say it gets better.